Cops: "Little" Star Hit Bar, Drove Car

7/31/2007 3:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The pint-sized pop on the TLC reality show "Little People, Big World" has been hiding a pretty big secret -- he was busted for DUI last month.

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, 45-year-old Matthew Roloff was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants, around midnight on June 19 after cops claim that Roloff's van had been swerving on the road.

Roloff, who then failed a field sobriety test, was taken to Washington County Jail, where he was cited and released.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

webms

Shawn
YOU ARE WRONG! It's that kind of thinking that gets people killed. We have not all done it. I can tell you I have never done it, my husband had never done it and not one of my close friends have done it. Ironically, we just had this conversation at dinner with friends the other night. I'm not saying this to pat myself on the back or to be judgemental. I'm saying it to ask people to wake up and stop killing one another. I have made many many many mistakes in my life, but hopefully none that will neglectfully kill someone. I love this show and this family is amazing. I don't want to see anything happen to them. Wake up Matt! There are an awful lot of people who have come to care about you and your family time to take responsibility and be the man we know that you are.

umpa lumpa

Leave the guy alone. So many people are judgemental on this board! If you have ever driven while tired, while on the cell phone, while eating, or while putting on makeup, you have been just as impaired as this guy. I would have no problem with laws enforcing all of those things with the same level of punishment at a alcohol or drug DUI. The world is not black and white.

speechie

I hated to hear this one - I love how the show puts faces and personalities to people with disabilities. If it is true - he should have to face the consequences just like you or me.

mel

Now what kind of an example is this for his kids? Are we going to read about them next? Hope not.

Malibu Barbie

Wow am I disappointed, it is the one show that I thought was completely wholesome and Matt always preaches about doing the right thing. Shame on you Matt. I have noticed as seasons past money was less an issue for the Roloffs, but never really thought alcohol would be a problem. Sure when they would be out with others you would see them both drinking, but assumed someone was driving. You blew it Matt sorry to say. Jump on the band wagon and head to Promises, that will make for a good season, seeing how your adoring Family handles that. I have always looked up to you, but now not so sure.

BIG FAN

Matt is not a good driver to BEGIN with! He does drive awfully fast, though. I could understand him getting a speeding ticket. Matt, if you are reading this, slow down before you kill yourself, your family, and/or another family out there! And IF you are guilty of DUI, don't try to wiggle out of this. Take your responsibility as a man and a father.

AlexR

Matts wife, Amy, is really the poor driver in the family. This man didn't hit another car, run over a person, or even put a scratch on his own car, and yet everyone wants to hang the man. Pull him over, call a cab, and thats the end of it.

This country is getting way too crazy with DWI laws. Matt has already mastered driving with short arms and twisted legs, you think some booze is going to slow him down??

Mel

I can't believe I"m posting also. I guess we have no life. I hope this charge is thrown out. I do not understand the test given because they should be different for handicap. I fully support this man and his family. I would like to relay to my family(we all watch every show with dinner) I hope you post a positive comment. BEA!!!!!

AlexR

The test can't be different for little people since its a blood-alcohol percentage test. If Matt has nine pints of blood in his body and one pint alcohol in his body, then he has a 10% blood-alcohol percentage. If a regular height person has 18 pints of blood in his body and 2 pints of alcohol, he has a 20% blood-alcohol percentage.

Little people just drink and eat less than regular size people because they are smaller. They have smaller stomachs that will not hold as much food or drink as a regular size person's stomach. So the test stays the same.

Nakitia

Come on people!!! This guy is not the angel you guys think he is. He's got lots of skeletons in his closet. THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST DUII! He has already gone through a diversion course.
I am not playing when I say this guy hangs out in strip clubs and bars all the time. I live by these guys. We share the same town. I have known them for over 10yrs. He is a LP but he's not a saint. Amy is the religious one. Matt doesn't go to church. They are above the law now more then ever. Actually they think they are.
TLC has done a great job at damage control so far but now it is out of their hands.

Let's face it, The LP's are the ones that will suffer. Stereo types....Thanks Matt.

Stacie

I love "Little People, Big World" Amy (his wife) is always hounding him, he probably just had a couple drinks to cool off. He's even smiling in his booking photo. Matt has a great sense of humor!

Kevin Millerstein

I want to be king of the little people. My first act will be to pardon Mr. Roloff and make him my chief liaisonto his kind.

Deneane

Oh Matt, What were you thinking? I bet Amy was furious, it's wrong what he did but I still love the guy!! Let's hope he doesn't try that again..

joanshi

Oh Matt, how could you? Now what are your children going to think of you?

susieQ

bet Amy gave him hell ! We still love you Matt.....get some help or stick to driving on the farm trails.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments