PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Dawn

It's a freakin chicken! People have been doing it on farms for years...

Joshua Smith

That woman is a complete idiot.

Deb91672

I am NOT a fan of Elizabeth's, but Come ON! She was talking about when she was on Survivor. She was starving and there were chickens. I'd be grossed out, too but I'd do it so I could eat!

Spurs

Yah, like any of those PETA idiots don't eat chicken. BIGGOTS!!!!!!!!!!

cha cha

I cant stand EH! When I was watching the show yesterday I couldnt believe how proud she seemed that she killed a poor chicken then ate it.She is a witch and proved it once again. Thanks EH for showing the world you are heartless and sick!

I read TMZ for the interesting stories, please no more Paris

I don't watch The View anymore because of that moron. Why do they keep her around? She has absolutely nothing intelligent to say.

dc

I feel like a chicken sandwich right now

Boo Hoo

Look Elisabeth, you gave it your best shot, but you are not cut out for entertaining audiences. Donald Trump was right, you are as dumb as a bag of tacks. Boy Barbara will give a job to any ole knucklehead!!

KIm

I can't believe PETA would make this an issue. Thousands and thousands of chickens are killed every single day -- how do you think we get chicken to eat?? This is just a very lame attempt to attack Elizabeth ... its absolutely ridiculous.

Rachel

PETA needs to get over it, like # 2 said people have been doing it for years. They will continue to do it because people need to feed their families !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big bear

Well cluck you too peta!!!!!!

Patsy

People used to raise and grow their own food. What a bunch of wimps! If grocery stores and restaurants closed, these same idiots would starve!

raquino

Poor chicken? WTF? How else are you supposed to kill a chicken that you're going to eat? Mmmm ... chicken.

Amy in KY

Oh, PUHLEEZE!! Conservatives might love animals but we are not all vegetarians. She's hardly a Michael Vick or in any way torturing animals. While i wouldn't have the heart nor the stomach to do what she described, it is done as chicken is regularly on the menu at most any restaurant. Common sense, people.

Arturo Fuente

I'm on my way out the door to have some lunch at Chick-Fil-A.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments