A Better Look at the Brad Garrett B*tch-Slap

8/13/2007 6:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He launched his violent attack just out of the range of our camera, but it turns out someone else was rolling when Brad Garrett unleashed a light-shattering uppercut on a TMZ camera in Malibu last night.

In the footage shot by a photog further away from the action, you can clearly see the 6'8" "Everybody Loves Raymond" star reach down and sucker-slap the camera in front of a crowd of paparazzi, knocking the equipment back into the photog's face. Keep your eye on the light attached to the top of the camera -- Brad knocks it clear out of the frame.

A rep for Garrett had no comment.

San

The cameraman deserved it. You don't blind a person with your 100 watt light. Rude!!! If a guy that large had wanted to hurt someone then the photog would be hospitalized. Still, it would probably have been some form of self-defense.

daisybuds

I love Brad Garrett. I didn't know he was dating Amy S.

RP

This is why TMZ needs to pony up cash to hire security to protect the photogs. Maybe Steve Wilkos from the Jerry Springer show could be available.

Justin

Brad Garrett sucks! Never could stand him. I Can't wait until Fox Cancels his lame show. Next year he'll be a nobody

Tom

You're kidding right? This is big news? He never even touched the guy! All he did was slap at the light!

Jesus Christ, you bitches need to get a life.

me

sure I like to read this stuff but if I had people following me around invading my privacy I might do the same thing. So would you. I watched the video. So he smacked the camera? Big deal. You guys know it goes with the territory and you provoke celebrities so you can write this stuff and have people like me read it. Grow up. I don't buy your poor tmz spiel. I like Perez an x17 better anyway.

chalkoutline

Quit getting in peoples faces with your damn cameras. You taunt and dare them to do something so you can film it. Knock it off!

Leah

The camera people deserved it omg, u guys r major stalkers so just stop cause like it's not his fault u guys should really stop and think for a minute that maybe it's like ur fault u guys got hit in the face with ur own freaking cameras

Oomi

lmfao, I personally think it's cool that TMZ has been getting
bitchslapped, besmirched, anally raped and piledrived by celebrity
these days. With all the tech available to you bastards these days
you *have* to get up and into the faces and crotches of celebrity.
Well deserved you salad tossers.

pete

you guys are a total joke. could you exagerate a little more? your writers have very active imaginations because they clearly see somethign in this video that the rest of us don't. how about you try to get your shot from a reasonable distance and ask legitimate questions instead of just trying to provoke a reaction.

Justin is Calling

Well its obvious from that angle that the camera never even touched that cameraman's face, despite the fact that he immediately claims he's injured.

I'll bet you twenty to one that idiot showed up at the emergency room with some red marks he gave himself.

If he filed a false police report that photographer should be charged.

bob

HOW COME THE POLICE OR SHERIFFs OFFICE ISNT TAKING NOTES IN THESE STALKING THE CELEBRITY CASES, ARE THEY STAR STRUCK TOO, THERES PHOTOGRAPHERS HANG OUT ON COLDWATER AND MULHOLLAND 7 DAYS AWEEK STALKING BRITNEY,RUNNING RED LIGHTS,JUMPING OUT OF CARS IN TRAFFIC LIKE THEY DID WITH PARIS HILTON,ITS ORGANIZED CRIME ,INSTEAD OF A GUN THEY USE A CAMERA TO GET MONEY,,,,STALKING IS A CRIME,,,,,,THERE RUNNING IN STORES TO SHOOT CELEBRITIES,TRESSPASSING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY OF STARS,THE STARS HOMES ARE NOT A RED CARPET EVENT,

piazzasbuttplug

Well, there are so many roles for a Jackie Gleason impersonator, and who knows when he will be able to tag along on some other comedians coat tails again. Someday he is going to look back on the day when anybody was interested in him, and wish that he had just taken the time to smell the attention.

Paparazzis are taint scum

Paparazzis always complain about celebrities. They say something like: " being stalked goes with the job of being a celebrity and famous people should get used to it". Well I say that getting slapped goes with the job of being a professional stalker and you hypocrites should learn to live with it. Have a good day, get hit, and I hope it hurts.

Kahlin

I would have done the same thing! Violent attack?? Give me a break! He just didn't want that all up in his face.

You guys try to make stories out of absolutely nothing!