Country Star Lawrence Goes to X-tremes for X-mas

8/14/2007 11:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For country music star Tracy Lawrence, it isn't enough to sing about Jack Frost nipping at his nose -- he needs actual frost nipping at his nose while doing it!

A TMZ spy in the Nashville studio, where "Alibis" star Lawrence is working on a Christmas album, says Tracy ordered the temperature lowered to about 40 degrees during the session. Damn, that's cold! It was so frigid, we're told, that all of the people working on the album had to wear heavy coats to withstand the chill. No word if roasting chestnuts and one horse open sleighs were brought in to complete the effect.

Whatever it takes to keep cranking out them hits, y'all.

montana mike

alibis was always one of my favorite songs, and tracy was one of my favorite country singers. i heard he went through some rough times, but now i see he's making a comeback--hang in there tracy, and let's hear some more of that great music you make.

logicskier

It is because he is a FAT BASTARD!

Must suck to be TMZ!

Is he still beating up the women that he dates? I USED to like his music, until I read that a few years back.

He has lost ANY respect that I may have had for him.

Injun Mike

A couple of my friends engineered that session, and told me that Tracy had the temperature lowered to keep the cocaine fresher....any affictionado will tell you that warm cocaine quickly loses that expensive "eau de kerosene" bouquet, and the experience is greatly diminished to basically running around like an Indian on Aqua-Velva and talking real loud out of your ass at ninety miles an hour about nothing...red nosed reindeer indeed....

Beth

You people have some nerve!! Nobody really cares what you think anyway esp if that's how you feel!!
I am glad Tracy is finally releasing a Christmas album and can't wait til it comes out!!!

J. Wilson

Tracy is one of the premiere voices of Country Music.....there is no one better out there in my opinion....so whatever he has to do to make the album work, and crank out those great songs.....works for me.....Keep the music coming Tracy !!!!!

tracyfan

Yeah! Tracy is a great singer, and I'm sure he will do justice to the classic Christmas songs. I can understand the temperature requirement. Can't imagine singing about snow, and the Christmas season in the middle of a August heatwave.

Sticks N Stones

I am looking forward to hearing Christmas music from one of the best artists to come outta Nashville. I feel sorry for the narrow minded, pea sized brained people who posted on here. Maybe Santa will bring them a bushel full of intellingence & grace for Christmas!
It isn't their place to judge ANYONE. Tracy will do a GREAT job on this album I am sure of it. I can't wait to hear it. :)