Heidi: Spencer's Not The Only Fake

8/15/2007 3:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag's $2890.00 ring"The Hills" attention-whore-in-chief Heidi Montag got a serious rock from her, uh, beloved fiancee, Spencer Pratt. But it looks like the bling is about as "real" as all the bitchfighty drama on the MTV series.

As you may have seen, not-so-big-spender Pratt asks to borrow pal Brody Jenner's credit card to buy the engagement ring -- slow week with no tabloid photos to sell! Princess Heidi's engagement ring was purchased from the Ice Accessory store at a mall in Brentwood. Spencer ultimately picked out what looked like a pink diamond surrounded by diamonds, and even crowed that J. Lo and Kobe's wife Vanessa had identical ice, and that Heidi would need "a GPS device" for the ring in case she lost it.

One problem: Heidi's ring is a big fat FAKE! Sources tell TMZ that the pink diamond is really a lavender, lemon amethyst! The ring is surrounded by diamonds and the ring retails for $2,890! Not exactly chump change, but definitely a little low-rent for Jenny's block -- or ring finger.

Lorin

Okay I dont think saying all this is to fair. After all we havent seen much of spencer on the Hills. So to critisize him like this when we dont know him isnt fair. And it shouldnt matter how much the rig cost and what its made of. Just as long as they love eachother and you could tell it ment alot to her and that is all that truly matters. Im happy for them. And I dont think Heidi is dumb and fake people get bob jobs all the time. Why is it so bad that she did? And plus shes obviously in love with spencer. And thats all that really matters. I say good for them.

JR

Hey Kiss off Linds. You don't know what you are talking about. I am from Laguna, and LC's dad is a huge developer there,they have one of the biggest houses in Laguna.

Lory

Spencer , Can't even afford a fake ring
he acts like he has all this money?
Wake up Heidi he can't afford you
he is making you look like fool and a FAKE
A fool and no Money
Later

Heather J

He is such a TOOL!!! First off....who the hell buys and engagement ring in a store that you can also buys shoes, bags and belts!!!?? He makes an ASS out of himself everytime he is on TV. How about the big tag of HOLLYWOOD that he had painted in their apartment? They are the couple you LOVE to HATE!!!

Louis Cypher

So, that Pratt asked his girlfriend Brody for the money to buy his beard, Heidi, a ring?
Ugly ugly people, the whole lot of them.

crazzzybear

The ring is about as real as their relationship. I hate these two losers! Please send these two douche bags back to the hole they came out of.

Seattlelite

So, this loser had to ask Brody to borrow money to buy a cheap fake ring??
I saw the episode and it appeared as if he was attempting to do a commercial for the store. As he was walking into the store, he kept commenting how this store had "high end" stuff. High end stuff my a$$... if he calls that junk I saw high end... I wonder what kind of places he normally shops in.

Katie

I think Spencer is one of the ugliest people I have EVER seen. His teeth/mouth are SO messed up and weird, and he talks so strange. Their new song is RIDICULOUS also. Besides the fact that her ring is UGLY, it is cheap, too! Good luck Fuglies!

oh...hello

Actually the ring costs $1750.00- I know this for certain because I contacted the store myself and asked.

he's such a scumbag

nothing is funnier than spencer trying to portray this rich kid and he has to buy a fake ring. how stupid is that girl. you know what, i can't even tell that she got her boobs done. they're still tiny.

HeidiHater

OMG! It actually looked like it came out of a Cracker Jack Box or a Gumball machine. At least have some class to go to Tiffanys! What a cheap-o....i guess that doesn't surprise me....look at his fiance!

disappointed

I KNEW IT WAS AN AMETHYST! IT MIGHT BE SURROUNDED BY DIAMONDS BUT IT IS NOT WORTH $700.00

HE WAS RIPPED OFF.

I LIVE IN PALM BEACH AND CAN THAT RING FOR UNDER $500.00

SW

i missed it on monday but just saw the repeat and boy is this guy an ass. what was with the showiness ripping up the receipt saying "oh i'm not returning this!"? you had better rip that up so that dumb bitch of yours doesn't find out how little you care about her, having your friend buy her a fake engagement ring!

tv watcher

has anyone ever done coke with spencer? I ask because he always has the crazy eyes and teeth on teeth smile. also on the last episode there is a scene with heidi and jen bunny they are talking, the camera does a close-up of heidi and she is doing this crazy eye-ball thing. any ideas why?

moms

HA!HA! They both try to come off as such high rollers and look at them. I'm a mom from the midwest and my wedding ring was 4x the price of hers. Heidi you need Lauren--Lauren doesn't doesn't need you. She would never settle for some fake ring and actually wear it and show people. She has more class than that. She might have been dating a drunk like Jason, but I'm sure he would have bought her the real thing because he knows she wouldn't settle for anything less. Looks like you better start kissing up and getting back in her good graces. FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!