Paris Launches Clothing Line,

Tries to Cure Cancer

8/17/2007 12:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Paris Hilton, who's boasted that she's a changed woman since leaving jail, is finally doing some charity work -- though it involves her own clothing line. Giving back is hot!

0604-paris-hilton-2

The heiress staged the launch of her new line at Kitson, of course. The mob at the store was given the option of buying a $100 voucher for Paris' clothing line which moved them to the front of the line. The event's ad trumpeted, "Paris will be on hand to help personally style each of her fans during her appearance." They make it sound like that's a good thing.

Kitson donated 20% of the entire day's profits to the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.

More Today in TMZ History

Parents Need to Know

I noticed that earlier TMZ had deleted 10%, then it went to Kitson's donated 20% - maybe there were some not so adoring fans there to buy her crap and became verbal about it?
One can only hope.

That or the Hilton's check came into Harvey after the post this morning.

Sharona

Well at least it is something.......I bet most of the "rich celebrities" don't give that much. Let's all give 10%...okay?

Machelle

Dear Parass Sux: JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS

Thanks to you I remember my post when Paris was in jail....something to the effect that I hope when she gets out, I hope she makes a bunch of money and I'll consider buying whatever she does.

I will be taking the time to check out her clothing line...that's Hot!

Machelle

Dear Parass Sux
Jealous Jealous Jealous

Thanks for reminding me of the post I made when Paris was in jail, it went something like this:
When you get out I hope you go on to make a bunch of money and I'll consider buying whatever you do...I'll be checking out this clothing line as soon as I'm done swimming in my pool today, but before my filet mignon dinner with baked potato and green beans sauteed with shallots.
Now That's Hot!

Shar

READ THE BOOK "HOUSE OF HILTON" BY JERRY OPPENHEIMER. KATHY HILTON TRIED TO KEEP IT FROM BEING WRITTEN.

IT EXPLAINS AS TO WHY PARIS IS THE WAY SHE IS.

Parents Need to Know

Dear Parass Sux
Jealous Jealous Jealous

Machelle

Yeah - I'm jealous of a community trailer park swimming pool and road kill for dinner!

P.S. Why don't you go ahead and check out the Kitson website I just posted and have that Billy Bob husband of yours get you a "fancy little feed sack" top to wear with your bib coveralls.

Karma

Ooooh, a WHOLE 20% of the days sales, I'm both Paris and Kitsons could have afforded more.

'Chele

I just looked at the clothes and most of them are butt ugly. I wouldn't be caught dead in them! Some of the jeans are okay, but that's about it, and the jeans and t-shirts aren't any better than some I can find at the mall. The rest is TACKY TACKY TACKY! Do people still wear sequins? Yuck!

Truth is stranger than fiction

Dear Machelle

You seem to think that having certain possessions and acting like Hilton will make you envied and popular. You sound exactly like one of those tenth-graders Nancy Adams mentioned in her post. What an empty life you must live. I'm genuinely sorry for you.

Madeleine

It didn't sound to me like she donated anything. Kitsons gave 20% of the days proceeds to charity, not whats her face. She sold 100 dollar vouchers, what the people got for those vouchers I don't know, it said it got them moved to the fron otf the line. I don't think Paris is going to do much in the way of donating to charity and I don't think she cares what we think or anyone else for that matter, if she did she would have kept her word about helping people in need. No one needs a Paris Hilton dress.

Sharona

What about let's let the ones that have given more than 10% complain about Paris!

Parents Need to Know

I went to the Kitson website someone posted earlier that has Paris Hilton's new clothing line on it.

It says the store is in Hollywood and I'm not sure if you can order online, but I would never, ever let my 17yr old daughter wear any of the clothes.

It must be a clothing line for Hollywood Club Girls because the tops are shiny and sleazy looking. One has two round dark circles right over the breasts???? Very bright attention getting colors, a little hard on the eyes. Who wears sequins anymore, except on New Years Eve and proms?

The clothes do not appear to be geared for young girls (maybe the jeans) under 18yrs.

Can't wait till my daughter gets home from work to show her the website and hear what she has to say, even though I know the answer - GROSS!

Parents Need to Know

What did Paris Hilton donate to Charity if Kitson store donated 20%? Does anyone know what the $100 charge was for? Just to meet her? Or was there an article of PH clothing included in this "Cover Charge"?

Looks like PH just keeps on "pimping herself out", how ridiculous, a store charging money just to see her line of clothing and get to meet her.

Where were all her friends? Maybe they wouldn't wear anything associated with her either, too embarrassing. Versace she's not.

Hang it up Paris - you are now last years news.

Creeder

I assume she won't be selling underware.

Daphne

Paris has been doing a number of charity events since she got out of jail,perhaps some of you are not aware of this.

And what exactly are TMZ or the complainers here doing for others?
You guys are awfully generous with other people's time and money LOL.

Paris is on the right track,so leave her be already.
It's not like she owes anyone anything, and if she does charity out of the goodness of her heart she should be commended.