Zac Efron: Junior High School Yearbook

8/21/2007 12:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It may be tough, but think way way back to the year 2001, when Tom Cruise wasn't as creepy, Britney Spears was hot, and Zac Efron was young(er)!
Zac Efron Yearbook Photo
The overly gelled "Hairspray" heartthrob took this yearbook photo for the Arroyo Grande Lower School near San Luis Obispo, Calif. -- a whopping 6 years ago -- when he was 13. Nothing says "I'm adorable" like blond highlights on a teen.

Efron is also the star of the spankin' new Disney movie, "High School Musical 2," which just shattered numerous cable ratings records.

Michele

More like Clay Aiken!

me

No such thing as Arroyo Grande Middle School in San Luis Obispo, Ca. Probably Paulding or Mesa in Arroyo Grande, Ca. Come on TMZ, where are the fact checkers?

Katee

Corbin Bleu is MUCH hotter!!!

Jemima Puddleduck

I was in total agony with HSM the first go around. I wasn't sure if I was going to kill my daughter for playing that #$A#(*$&# all the time or myself. Had to suffer Hairspray because of this twerp and now, HSM2..... Oh the humanity! Who ever told this little girl he could sing or act?????

Prisy

Who cares about 6 years ago he's hot now in 2007.... and NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! please don't come out of the closet the world is going gay and I'm afraid of not finding a straight guy to marry!!!!!

kilos

Calling him gay is not funny its just stupid and lame. If he's gay then why did he date Vanessa Hudgens and the fat chick in hairspray. I dont recall Lance bass ever dating any woman. Where the hell is your evidence that he's gay? I take it you people think every man on this planet is gay.

Nikki V

Just because he's hot doesn't mean he's gay. Look at Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, or Ben Affleck. They are hot and not gay. Even if Zac is gay, who cares?!?! And don't say his singing sucks, that wasn't him singing in HSM 1 or 2. I think he looked adorable when he was 13. I think he got hotter with age if you ask me.

laughing at you

this article should have been posted in the child section. YOu have to be under the age of 16 to know who the F--k this BOY is.

Pocahontas

Can you spell F-L-A-M-I-N-G ? He CAN.

Christina Marquez find me on myspace!

Yummy yum baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

white woman

Oh yeah #1, exactly my thoughts..... He's gay - Lance Bass Gay!

Good Goin'

Phred84,

You are completely right. As soon as I read this article, I was shocked by what a blatant error they had made. I have lived in San Luis Obispo and Arroyo Grande and I have never heard of "Arroyo Grande Lower School" in San Luis Obispo.
Wake up TMZ! Fire your fact checkers. Zac Efron moved from San Luis Obispo to the TOWN OF ARROYO GRANDE. Arroyo Grande is a town about a 15-minute drive south of San Luis Obispo.

Kwame f

High School Musical is a Lindsay Lohan-free show!!!

It means, she's not on this movie!!! Even almost all actors are not kids (over 18-20), but they're acting like teenagers!

Whadda-Do

HSM is really just a re-hashed version of Grease except HSM is more "vanilla" (gay) to fit into today's PC society. You've got to accept everybody and everything today or else.

Tiffany

Zac Efron is not gay he is a great actor! Please leave his personal life alone. Nobody knows his life but his family, friends and himself.

Tiffany