Sheriff:

Richie Was 'Cooperative'

-- DUH!

8/23/2007 9:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has received a statement from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department regarding the 82-minute incarceration of Nicole Richie:

On August 23 2007, at 3:15 PM Miss Nicole Camille Richie reported to CRDF and surrendered herself following a July 27 arrest, she was sentenced to serve 96 hours in County Jail. Miss Richie was accompanied by her attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley and her boyfriend Joel Madden. Miss Richie was booked and processed into the jail system. Miss Richie was cooperative during the process. Based on her sentence and federal court guidelines, Miss Richie was released at 4:37 PM today.

Tina

Just one more reason to hate her.

Lilarose

I handed this over to my granddaughter and told her I simply cannot give her any advice on how to live her life, because she will be able to slip through the very fiber of our society when she does wrong. I told her she has to decide for herself the difference between right and wrong and then do what she wants to do with either decision.

God help our kids.

Tina

What does this tell the kids in LA, because of overcrowding you can get away with a DUI

Desiree

So this a$$hole Dr. M. is just going to keep posting the same thing over and over, proving Nicole's PR flunkies are hard at work blogging away for her. She just can't stand the truth about her awful slimy self, has to have her bloggers making excuses for her. Sorry Nicole, you are an awful person and I am so very sorry nasty women like you are able to get pregnant when so many women who would be GOOD mothers and are decent people with a conscience can't have babies. Disgusting.

Joshua Smith

82 minutes?!?!??! I had to wait 90 minutes today to get new tires put on my car. I guess money does buy the legal system.

chachadivaextraordianire

WOW!!! Now I truly believe Paris got a bum rap. So Lindsay might just serve less than 15 minutes.

LA SUCKS

LA and the LA sherriff are such a joke. Celebs suck and so does LA!!!!!!!!

TheWholeStory

This is sick. She should have had to do 4 days minimum. She could have killed people. However, now that it is over and the baby has served its purpose, no doubt she can have her abortion.

stopthepresses

The situation with these crotch-flashing, drunk driving bimbos just gets more and more ridiculous. Live your life the way you want, go out in a blaze of guts and glory, but PLEASE don't take any innocent people with you!!! You've got the money - hire a damn driver, when you snort and drink!! This is a travesty.

Double Team Paris

I spent 8 hours in jail (after getting thumped on by the cops) on a trumped up drunk in public charge and wasn't even drunk OR driving.

Astounded

The amount of hate here is disturbing. To say that Nicole is a whore, skank, slut, she will raise her daughter like her (do we even know what she is having?!?) just makes you look jealous of her. Instead, direct the anger towards the California Justice System. THEY are the ones that are fostering the "Celebrity Get Out Of Jail" pass. THAT is who you should be mad at. If you actually personally KNEW Nicole, your opinion would almost have some credibility. But I have yet to see a single person here say they actually know her. Instead, they are just spouting off at the mouth about someone they have never met. It would be the same if I were to personally call you a whore, skank, bitch, ect... I don't know you at all. The words would only make ME look ignorant. Take your aggressions out in some well worded letters to the State Of California. Its there you may make a difference. Have a good one.

LensmanCT

Hey number 10, you are just a moron. This bitch walked after 82 minutes because she has a lot of cash. Anyone else would serve the whole sentence. I hope she gets hit by a drunk driver.

Daphne

Don't blame the Sherrif, he is just doing his job and rotating the non-violent offenders out of the jail . He wanted to do the same for Paris but the hostile judge was out for blood or trying to make a name for himself. Who knows.

Baca was the consumate professional and tried to be fair, the judge in the Hilton case wasn't.

In fact, Baca behaved like a blue true knight, having the guts to go against the judge and trying to give Paris Hilton the same treatment everyone else gets.
But he was prevented from doing so, which caused international interest and made Paris even more famous.

I guess in the end the judge's intentions backfired, but I do feel bad for Paris.

melissa

L.A. has shown REPEATEDLY that they have THE most pathetic form of justice in this entire country. Let's see.........anyone drunk or druggie who wants to get away with murder (oh yeah, O.J. Simpson, too!!) just needs to live in L.A. and have a high priced lawyer....and you are free like that. SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!! I was just starting to have a little bit of respect for her for owning up to what she had done. SO MUCH FOR THAT!!

Michael

Well I see Money did it again, this is only the second time that she did this! and I found out she never even went into the cell. Let's see linsey has Felonies but they are gone now, it's amazing what cash can do for you. If I ever get in trouble I will state that all these people are my Relatives so I to can have a get out of jail card,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments