Alleged Wife-Thumping Bishop Surrenders

8/24/2007 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Atlanta bishop who allegedly gave his wife, fiery evangelist Juanita Bynum, an almighty beatdown in a hotel parking lot has turned himself into cops. Good heavens!

Thomas W. Weeks was formally charged with felony aggravated assault and "making terrorist threats," according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, but made no comment on his way into Fulton County Jail. A hearing is scheduled for 11:00 AM at the jail.

According to the police report, Bynum said that Weeks "choked her, pushed her down, kicked and stomped her," and "continued stomping" her into the ground. He also threatened to kill his estranged wife.

Bynum posted a comment on her MySpace page: "I am currently recovering from all of my injuries and resting well ... this too shall pass."

Denise

WOW! I'm really sorry that happened, specially in the public eye. One more strike against the church. What can you say?

Betty E.

I am going to keep the both of them in prayer, Like prophetic Bynum said this too shall pass.

Betty E.

I am going to keep the both of them in prayer. Like prophetic Bynum said this too shall pass, and to God be the glory it most certainly will. Be blessed.

TROLL SMASHERS

This incident is just the tip of the iceberg. What else are you both hiding that caused God to expose you like this?
..........................................................................................

Tired of the Foolishness....Brilliant!

Desease control

they Love the Money more than the Lord

Desease control

What is going to pass is the bad PR
but they have just as many issues as this Amy coke head and her husband.
They well be back on TV asking you to send in your donations
and now peole well give them even more money to support
thier luxery life styles cuz they well shed a few tears and its all good.
More Tax free dontaions for them to spend on crack and what not.

ms.ann

no telling what she said to that man to make him click

Amazing

She will go back to him just as Pam Anderson went back to her ex. after he kicked her while she was pregnant.

My question is: Why do they all have to buy the most expensive thing they can get? Why a Rolls Royce? False prophets act like that, not true followers of Jesus.

Desease control

I think she discovered him in a room with another woman.

he tried to flee the seen and she tried to stop him.

he put a boot up her ass.

we might find out later he had been using this hotel room

to preach to hookers and they were realy just having a Bibel study
she showed up and was mad that he was paying hookers with her
money she was gonna use to help sisters get weaves that need it and cant afford it.

Evangelist Carl L. Brown

I am sadden by this travesty; it seems to me much compassion should be shown for both until facts, or if facts are find out. At any rate this is an attack not only Jaunita Bynum, but on the church as a whole. Mr. Weeks should be delt with severly by the law, "NO MAN HAS EVER THE RIGHT TO CHOKE, STOMP, OR BEAT A WOMAN, OR PUT HIS HANDS ON HER IN ANY VIOLENT MANNER" whether she is his wife or friend. This violate's civil law as well as the Word Of God! I pray that some how good comes out of this, as well I pray for Jaunita Bynums recovery both physically and emotionally.

Keyona

Well I know that the Word of God Says That all things work together for the Good to those that Love God and Truly Prophetess Bynum Loves God but I think Bishop Weeks Loves Her Money so maybe that's why there fighting because she has more and some men can't handle that. So I just hope that She Fine and You know scripture said Touch Not God's annointed and do His Prophets No Harm

luvmyups

This doesn't surprise me at all. He's still a man...a cowardly man. Because he wears a collar, does that make him less likely to beat a woman? I don't think so. This could have been going on for a while in their marriage. What a low life. It doesn't matter what she may or may not have done prior to his fists meeting her body. HE HAD NO RIGHT PUTTING HIS HANDS ON HER! Ahhhhh Glory!!!!!!

arethea

i just wanted to say to all Gods children who really love the Lord and is living a Holy life alwyays rememeber it is the enemies job to seek and destroy whomever he can and the bible says the very elect if possible so its our job as christians is to go in a mighty ware fare on the devil and all his emps and principalites and remeber Jesus has all power in his hand. Pastor Weeks and Dr. Quanita i am truly in warefare for you and all true saints join in because you could be next so do not be thinking that you are so saved that you can't be attacked in your mind i love you both..

smcd

I'm just impressed by his ability to turn himself into cops. Transmutation into multiple entities is always a hard thing whose difficult is highly underrated.

tarascha

I dont know what happen why he would flip the strip like that. I really look up to Evangelist
Juanita Bynum she is mine role model.She should not went through this ordeal, but she is
a GREAT WOMAN OF GOD. My prayers goes out to Prophet Bynum

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.........................................