« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Suspends Vick

8/24/2007 6:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick today that he is indefinitely suspended without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell's letter Vick:

Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions.

Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player. You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters.

I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tulsa4life

Ok he has admitted wrongdoing, all i see is piling on! really all the folks piling on Vick Dont even care about tha dogs in question, vicks admitted guilt and will be sentenced! the same fans that hooted for Vick to make touchdown seem to be worst now! hes going to do his time and move on i wonder if tha same people care about REAL problems in america and PETA hope u get new members i know thats what all your hollering is about u guys could care less about the dogs lol I hope the Atlanta fans enjoy the 0-16 season its just what u 2 faced folks need! STOP HATTING VICKS STILL RICH!

skylar

WHITE people! WHITE people? What does race have to do with this? I don't care WHO michaelvick is. He is a sick person. People like him MAKE these dogs vicious, you moron. I see pitbulls on a daily basis (I work in a vet clinic) and what I do is pet them and love on them and they love it. They are very well behaved pets that are part of the family because they were raised that way, you idiot. He did us a favor? You are out of your mind! These dogs were trained to fight but did not deserve to be tortured. I have also witnessed rescued pits that were adoptable because they were NOT vicious even after being used as fighters. Pitbulls are NOT born vicious. What a lunatic. You need psychiatric help. So does michaelvick. I hope I NEVER see him on the football field ever again.

Out for Justice

I will never understand people who have so much promise and privilege just to throw it away like it's absolutely nothing. You reap what you sow.

And to all the undercover racists on here and out there in the world, God sees you.

Ban stupid humans, not dogs

blah blah blah - you moron. Pit Bulls are not inherently vicious. They are strong dogs that are easily trained, so in the wrong hands that equals disaster. In the right hands they are the most loving and faithful dogs you will ever meet. Maybe you should actually do some research before you make allegations like that. Here's a site to start with:
www.badrap.org

Oh, and to answer your question "If you was face to face with a pitbull what would you do?" - Same thing I do face to face with any dog - pet it, throw a ball, give it a belly rub, etc. I come face to face with pitbulls all the time in my rescue work and I've never been attacked, except by kisses. :)

Regarding your question, "why don't you have them as pets with your kids if they're so nice?" - well, I don't have any kids, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to have a pit bull. Petey from the Little Rascalls was a pit bull. Before thugs adopted them as their dog of choice they were known as family pets. Don't blame the dogs themselves - blame the idiots (like Vick!) who are often attracted to the breed for its tough guy image.

Back to the topic... I am so glad Goodell stepped up and gave Vick the suspension he deserves. We do not need people like Vick as role models for our youth.

U.S-male

Some of you must be with the NAACP for as they claim he ONLY made ONE mistake and he said he was sorry so he should not lose his job.

You notice the Falcons did not say he was fired.

So lets see that one mistake people are blindly overlooking, not only the 8 dead dogs found but all 60 dogs he trained to kill are now being killed, all 60 of them

Some little mistake, Huh ?

Add the dogs people claimed were stolen from them and the hurt those families have gone through I susgest the cause of 70 dogs killed at least equals one human killed and Vick deserves death.

Yet word is the DA is ONLY asking for 1 year jail so be lucky if he spends 1 month and the fine is so small he can pay that without blinking.

SJW

I THINK HE SHOULD WORK AT THE HUMANE SOCIETY FOREVER FOR FREE!
HE IS A DISGUSTING PIECE OF WORK.................ONLY THING THAT WOULD BE WORSE WOULD BE TO KILL BABIES AS THEY LIKE ANIMALS ARE DEFENSE LESS .
GOOD BYE YOU HORRID HORRID MAN.

Amy Silverman

Wheres Al and Jessie? I'm sure the will make this a race thing when it is not-doesn't matter what collor this animal is. They are calling press conferences now I'm sure-hope everyone tells them to drop dead!!!!!

Reality is....

Skylar,

Amen to your post. Why do THEY always try to blame the WHITE people for their issues. ANYONE (regardless of color) who can do this to animals is one sick individual. There is really no logical or other explanation for what he chose to do to those poor animals. It doesn't matter WHAT color he is, it's demented and sick and I think a clear marker for someone with some serious mental issues. You work as a vet tech, I am not saying it would be any better, but if he wanted to kill a dog couldn't he have did it in a more humane way? I would assume that even 1 bullet would be more humane than what he did. Torture and cruelty has no place for excuses....hanging and drowning and electrocution is unforgivable in my book. Those poor dogs made to live that way, it's disgusting.

Amy Silverman

Where is Al Simpleton and Jessie Jackoff-calling a press conference somewhere and making it a racial thing while it doesnt matter what color crap like Vick is. Hope everyone tells them to drop dead and the NAACP also!!!!!!!!

Reality is....

I have been thinking about this.

I HONESTLY thing part of his punishment should be to build a facility to house those dogs if they are unadoptable. He should also be REQUIRED to PAY for the care of workers on a daily basis. He's got money, let him pay to keep those dogs that he RUINED alive. I guarantee you that building a housing facility for mistreated and neglected dogs and having to pay for the daily upkeep out of his own gold filled pocket would eventually get to him over the years.

He should also be REQUIRED to provide his services at the same facility on a weekly basis to see what his actions have caused...not only to these animals but to his pocket book as well.

MAKE HIM HOUSE THEM UNTIL THEY DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES....MAKE HIM PAY FOR IT!

Baina

KUDOS TO ROGER GOODELL!!! CAN ANYONE SAY "BYE BYE BONUS"?

::::::::::::::: applause :::::::::::::::

Vick? You are in for a reality check!! After you return your bonus, after you serve your time in prison, after you pay your court fines, you STILL won't be worth anything in my eyes! You can clean shelters until the cows come home but what you did to these dogs is indefensible!! Children have looked up to you as a "role model" and God gave you an incredible talent. You have been handed golden opportunities! Your comments to the NFL, the Atlanta Falcons, your fans, and the general public that you would "clear your good name" have fallen on deaf ears by "your" own admission this week.

SHAME ON YOU!!

blah blah blah

Mother in california & ALS ~
Both of you must be working for peta by the way you're defending these VICIOUS animals. I dare one of you guys get a pitbulls as pet for your kids. I don't think you would because THEY ARE VICIOUS AND THEY ATTACK PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT!!! DUH are both of you that stupid and ignorant!!!!!! WHY DEFEND THESE VICIOUS ANIMALS FOR??? GOOD GOD...IM SICK OF PEOPLE PUTTING ANIMALS FIRST ABOVE HUMAN LIVES!!!!!!

blah blah blah

Mother in california & ALS ~

blah blah blah

Mother in california & ALS ~

Attractive?

Dear Blah, Blah, Blah,

I am sure that Vick would not hesitate to hurt a human or even kill a human if they provoked him enough. There is something wrong with man, he is sick, sick, sick. I am sure that he has been abusive to women.