Nicole

'Surprised' by Her 82 Minutes of Jail

8/24/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0824_nicole_richie_happy_fm_ex-1Sources tell TMZ that Nicole Richie was "surprised" by the short amount of time she had to serve at Lynwood -- and she apparently had a pretty good stint in the clink, all things considered.

We're told that the tiny ex-con found the Sheriff's Department "extremely professional" and "cooperative" and she "appreciated their efficiency." Eighty-two minutes -- that's efficient!

Nicole's lawyer, Shawn Chapman-Holley, tells TMZ that Nicole was "prepared to do the full four-day sentence" -- but after being held in a cell in the booking area of the jail, she got her walking papers and strutted right back home.

rig

throw those damn glasses away ms magoo

Lane

Slap on the wrist. When are these celebrities going to grow up and realize that young girls are watching them and want to be them. It's a disgrace.

MasterBates

I HOPE SHE HAS A DRINK TONIGHT AND CRASHES INTO THE D.A.

dawn

She might be surprised but really are any of us surprised i should say not.

Grace E.

Is Fidel Castro really dead?

LYNN

i cant stand those glasses!!

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Yeah, I was "surprised" too!

weneedtostop.com

if she's so surprised, she should have volunteered to stay for 82 days

Jemima Puddleduck

I don't know Grace E...but I sure wish someone would find out for sure!

Susan B

I love Nicole. She has changed and will be a wonderful little mother!!!

God

the bitch got away with it, just as lindsay lohan did (she got one day) now i do feel sorry for Paris..she did less than these two ho's and had to spend 23 days behind bars.....I guess Danette Meyers kissed her ass real good.

Samurai Jesus

We need to build more jails!

Get a Clue

I've waited longer than that at the DMV.

Catsy2

People...it may seem unfair re Paris, but Paris didn't receive a jail sentence for a "DUI." Her attorney plea-bargained her DUI down to a Reckless Driving due to Alcohol, for which she received no jail time -- just probation -- for that conviction.

What got her the sentence is what she did after that: Caught driving on a suspended license (twice); speeding way over the speed limit the second time she was caught, and violating all other terms of her probation. What really sealed her fate in front of the judge was that she failed to accept responsibility for her actions when she was called into court for violating her probation, etc. "The law doesn't apply to me." Ouch -- that'll do it.

janet jackson

I guess Paris' jail sentence would have been much easier had she not WHINED like a baby, cried to her mommy and wanted mommy and daddy to 'fix' it for her.

Nicole had enough sense to get pg (sympathy) then admit to everything and accept whatever she had coming.
80+ minutes in jail is hardly enough time in my opinion.......but when you have money, a famous daddy and all the justice money can buy.........I guess we can say justice has been served.

I wonder how long I would have gotten without any $$, no famous daddy and a public defender??
Life?
Probably.

Ain't our judicial system sweet?? If you have $$ you can get off........right O.J?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments