Owen Wilson

Hospitalized

8/26/2007 9:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Owen WilsonTMZ has confirmed that Owen Wilson was taken to the hospital Sunday in Los Angeles.

Santa Monica Police issued the following statement to TMZ: "On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 PM, officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department at the 900 block of 23rd Street. The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

TMZ has learned the 911 call came in at 11:59 AM to the L.A. Fire Department.

Citing medical privacy laws, they would not release any additional information, nor would they comment on why he was transported.

A call to Owen's rep was not immediately returned.

Bill Burkhardt

I really enjoy Owen's on-screen personna. He can be so funny and so likeable. His name on the marquee is one of the few that will attract me to going to a movie. I loved him in Dupree and Me and especially Shanghai Knights with Jackie Chan, who is also a gem. I hope it's nothing serious, Owen, and keep your nose just as it is. It's become part of your personality. Good luck and good health to this fine young actor.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

Owen is right-handed, right? Then yes, he WOULD slit his left wrist.

His brother Luke IS left-handed, so if it was a suicide attempt by himself, he would have to cut his right wrist.

I think too many people believe the movies and think you cut horizontally. You'd don't. You actually cut vertically (going with the length of vein) to be successful. Sorry, but I'm a real stickler for accuracy in (movie, TV, commercials, etc.) productions.

WS

That is so sad. You wonder what could be so bad in his life? Don't hate on him, he is human like you are. I like his movies.

Kirk of the Hills

I still remember the movie where he played the downed r navy pilot. Sorry forgot the movie
okay let's see checking google yes it is Behind Enemy Lines. The bad guys all have machine guns and can't hit Owen for nothing.

tba

I hope he recovers; however, it sounds like a call for help. If he really wanted to commit suicide, he would have put a .54 magnum to his head and pulled the trigger. After, he recovers, I hope he finds what he's looking for out of life.

The Black Rider

i hear it's attempted suicide.

Maribee1cd

Owen Wilson is one of my fav artists...along with Russel Crow and Matthew McCahanehey.(how do you spell that name??), plus more. And I pray that Owen gets better and God bless him.

Let us all say a prayer along with our comments...so he gets better.

Thanx...

Stormsinger78

I'd bet, in relation to the urban myth bit, that his stomach is pumped from an overdose of gerbil semen, that he snorted through his f-ed up nose

Murphy

I'm thinking suicide :( Just a feeling I have....

Boo Hoo

How cares about Owen, Nick Hogan was just in a car accident?

Erica

its truly sad when anyone attempts suicide. its truly pathetic when people mock someone who has.
I really hope that he makes it through this ok.

scott king

He sliced his wrists and took a bunch of pills, u guys are way far behind. Hire me, I have a Creative Writing degree from a Big Ten school and need a job!!!!!!!

trstno1

Drudge says it was attempted suicide. Overdose on some form of medication and superficial slashes on his wrists. Go figure?....

j

Jesus you guys, I wish ya'll would be a little more sensitive. Suicide is a serious situation and it breaks my heart that he's depressed and felt like death was the only answer. It is a terrible place to be in and I'm praying he recovers. *hugs for Owen*

kittyfriskywhiskers

Seriously, whatever's wrong, I hope that he's o.k. Even though he should've stepped aside with the whole Kate thing, it still takes two. Crooked nose or not, he's still kinda hot, love that mouth! LOL!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, I love those movies you do!