Owen Wilson

Issues a Statement

8/27/2007 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the following statement from Owen Wilson:

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Andrew Wilson, Owen and Luke's older brother, was spotted by TMZ cameras going into Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles late this morning. Andrew ignored questions about his brother's condition.

According to People, Luke also visited Owen last night.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Me

Sounds like the response to a suicide attempt to me...

sandy

I can't imagine why he'd attempt to commit suicide. Hopefully he'll get the medical help he obviously desperately needs.

Desease control

Paula and randy whites Church took in oer 40 mil last year.

Now the Church members have found out

the church is 22 mil. in the red.

Paula nd randy -Show us the money

jean

Hopefully alll wil be well - good luck.,

Mikey

Why don't you get a nose job while your in there!

Da Truff

burst a blood vessel in his brain trying to act...

Desease control

Owen a rich actor who can have any woman he wants

and anything he wants

and yet

he wants to kill himself

Theres not much hope for the rest of us.

Cheer up nothing can be That bad.

Allison

I'm glad that he is ok. He is one of my favorite actors/writers and he would have been deeply missed. I hope he gets all the help he can.

L

Get help, Owen.
We need you to make us laugh.

Mia

Leave Owen alone, you soulless bastards who make childish comments about his nose. I hope OW knows that we wish him peace and health.

Andrew

I find it hard to believe that Owen Wilson would try to take his own life. Do we even know what happened yet? This is pure speculation for tabloid news?!

Jus D truth

WOW, I like Owen's & his movies. Poor man, I have more then one laugh because of him. I wish him the best & a speedy recovery

My Main Martyrdom

Listen folks people who really want to commit suicide are very successful-they do kill themselves, about a thousand a day. Yes, they give warning signs and they may be unclear about dying and gamble with death, as they just want to stop the pain. Let us see what pain Owen is experiencing: death of family member-NO; money problems-NO; pending separation-NO; difficulty in a love relationship-NO or maybe…but at 38 and never been married, you’ve showed the world your selfish, refuse to share money or freedom, and refuse to answer to another. Owen just wanted someone to pity him (superficial cuts and NEARLY empty bottle of pills)–that is the real truth. A drunk in a bar looks for pity and parents at the hospital who just lost a child is in pain. No pity here…I just save it for the people who are really suffering and in pain.

Anonymous