Teen Angst with Zac Efron

8/27/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe it's the hot weather, maybe it's the swarm of photogs -- or it could be his crappy car, but when he was asked to smile, Zac Efron said, "I'm not happy."

At least that's what the pumping star told paps when they asked for a smile. It didn't help the "High School Musical" teen idol when they told him he was SO cute!

Zac eventually cracked a smile while leaning on his hoopty. With two hit movies and a reported multi-million dollar offer for a third installment of "High School Musical," -- Zac has a lot to be happy about.

Jemima Puddleduck

Maybe his spot at the salon was taken and couldn't get his hair, eyebrows and makeup done.

Luciana

If I had cameras shoved in my face at every turn I wouldn't be happy either. Everyone has their 'bad' days, celebrities, regardless of their age, just happen to have them very publicly.

Prisy

I understand him and everyone with human emotions in the world should as well... he's a human being it's not that big a deal...

Brother Harold, S.J.

WHAT IS THIS LITTLE SNOT'S PROBLEM?

me

Yum. Can you say EYE CANDY???

TheONE

I dont think this twig can handle Hollywood.....

hesa..

Does he seem like the next River Phoenix? I get the "acting" abilities are world's apart but he looks like the pressure may get to him at any moment...

lis

I think it has become alot to him, he just wants to act. Not have to deal with the paps trying to get his pic while getting gas....i mean ...hes just putting gas in his car....Why is this so important? i just dont get why paps think it is ok to take pics like this?
When did it become we must stalk the Celebs? Because this is what this is...Stalking...
First his gym, where he eats, his home....now when he's getting gas??? I dont get it...
Im not just talking about Zac here either....its all Celebs....what's the big deal?

Renee

How would you feel if even your most mundane activities such as pumping gas were all the sudden fodder for the tabloids? I would get sick very quickly of having people following me all the time.

andrew mongtuire

just leave zac efron alone he maby up set about something just because hes famous doesnt mean hes not like us think about it what would we do .........

sasha

i think the paparazzi shud jst back off cuz theconstant picture taking relly irritates!!

Coco

i think that something is wrong. because last night at the teen choice awards, he didnt seem that happy either. maybe its trouble in paradise with him and vanessa???

justagirl

I don't think he is a snot or that anything is wrong in his personal life. He just appears to be very unsure of his "celebrity" and how to handle it.

Melanie

Awwww!
i feel sorry for him with all the paparazzi following him everywhere he goes.
maybe thats why hes not happy.
But he is so damn HOT!!!

Debbie

I feel bad for any artist having to put up with invasion of their privacy. I'm a 35 year old woman who would like nothing more than to run into a hottie like Zac Efron but I certainly wouldn't do it if I thought he didn't want to be bothered even while getting gas......let him have somewhat of a normal life...lord knows they don't get that very often. You can tell when they want to be social and don't!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments