Backstreet's Back -- for Lunch

8/31/2007 10:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Backstreet Boys -- minus Kevin -- all met for lunch at Malibu Country Mart yesterday. Tell me why!

The group recently released a single and is working on a new album -- just don't call it a comeback! Both Nick and AJ were quick to correct TMZ when we asked about the so-called "reunion," with AJ saying they never broke up and "just took a little nap time." Nick also told our cameras he's working on getting his dog back, after his mother unloaded his pit bull at an animal shelter without his permission.

So why no Kevin Richardson at the boy band buffet? The guys tell TMZ he prefers being a domesticated family guy to the larger than life burden of being a grown man in a boy band. Guess he didn't want it that way.

DaFlyOne

Well let me start this off by saying, i am glad they are back. I do wish Kevin was with them though. I mean it's sad when you have a popular group and some member always wanna leave or quit. However, I'm glad their back and I can't wait for the album, videos and singles

EvelynErives

How funny is this? I saw Kevin Richardson at Disneyland yeterday! He was in Tomorrowland, looking all "familyman"... Just thought I'd tell you since you posted this!

memyselfandi

Slow day again TMZ? Backstreet boys suck and I'm not just talking about the music. LOL

Kate

Kevin Richardson realizes how pathetic it is to be over the age of 30 and be in a "boy-band". This style of music is not longer happening guys so I think you should rethink this whole thing and go your own ways. Someone should explain to them what was hot in 1998 isn't going to work in 2008.

Dawn Day

I'd have them all for lunch any day!

mom in PA - 38

Why is it that people find such happiness in beating up others for accomplishments? Who cares if you like them or not! If they love what they are doing and making money....again, I say "Who Cares"! Personally I enjoy their music. It lifts my soul. To me it has meaning. Certainly, levels above screaming and swearing. Being a single mom with two teenagers and listening to what is out there now, ever other word is bleeped out on the radio. To the boys I say "Kudos"...and much success! And to Nick, excellent new bod! (from the hot mom ;)

serene

The people on here making fun of BSB.... you are sitting here typing about how much they suck and BSB are laughing all the way to the bank everytime you utter or write their name. Personally, I love their music and they have a HUGE fan base that would buy any album they drop whenever they drop it...2 yrs, 5 yrs, 10 yrs from now. So stop hating on them, get off your lazy butt and do something constructive with your life.

Sarah Silverman Looks Like a Beast

Hey Nick,

Are you going to go get your dog? You should get your mom in check, and tell her to stop running her mouth, she is making you look really bad!

tmzer

Nick is a good guy.

Monica

I'm glad that the Backstreet Boys are back. I like their music.

Tony

backstreet's back alright!!!

John C jackson

Their last album just came out in 2005. Of course it isn't a comeback. Most of the bigger singers go 2-4 years before albums. They arent exactly "big" anymore but they had a single all over the radio and went Gold just a short 2 years ago.

Karen

I love BSB's new song, Inconsolable. Can't wait for their new album. I hope Nick gets his dog back. His mother is crazy. She needs mential help. She keeps hurting the kids over and over.

Anna

Hi!!
I have just read this article and I don't like it. It looks at backstreet boys in a very negative way and they don't deserve it.
They are singers and they earn money singing , so they have to keep singing if they wan't to sleep under a bridge. I like their new single Inconsolable.
IT IS NOT A REUNION. They Came back already in 2005, so please SHUT UP. They are not comeback, they keep doing music. They made a long break in 2001 but in 2005 they came back, so now in 2007 they keep realising albums. That's all. It is boring to read the same thing all the time.
The fans who still love bsb, they deserve respect. They know a lot of thing about bsb. It's a kind of great relationship between fans and backstreet boys. Please don't break it!!!!.
BSB make music to have a job, for money and also For the FANS!!!!! THEy are very realistic in that way. THEY have the best fans in the world.
Finally, BSB are in the musicworld, they are a part of it. If you don't like it, It's your problem.
Backstreet boys!!!!!!!!!

kristan

I'm glad they are back. It's amazing at all the backlash against them . Ppl would rather listen to a loon like Britney who can't sing instead of a bunch of good guys who can. Well i'm for BSB I like them and I hope they stick around.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments