Halle Berry

... Baby on Board!

9/4/2007 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_halle_ex_tmz_01-1TMZ has learned that producers of the upcoming Lionsgate film "Tulia" have scrapped plans to start filming in October -- as the film's star, Halle Berry, is three months pregnant!

A source close to the production tells us Berry, 41, who is currently dating hottie model Gabriel Aubry, was set to star in the movie about the drug and racial profiling scandal in Tulia, Texas. The film, which was scheduled for a 2008 release, was to be directed by John Singleton and also starred Billy Bob Thornton.

We're told the project has not been shelved entirely; producers may decide to pick it up at a later date.

UPDATE: Halle Berry has confirmed the news of her pregnancy to "Access Hollywood." Congrats!

Marcia

SHILOHDREAM

I am soooo happy for Halle. I just hope and pray she has a very careful pregnancy but being she's famous I know she has the best docs in town. She is diabetic but I hear she's taking care of that. I hope her boyfriend is supportive and I hope her pregnancy is a healthy one.

Madeline

Congratulations to her.

LARRY

CATWOMAN IS GOING TO HAVE A KITTEN???

imagine baby

Please do not give this baby a name like STRAW Berry,Blue Berry,RASP Berry, Boisen Berry etc. just to get attention. What ever happened to doing things God's way. LOVE, MARRIAGE AND THEN A FAMILY!

Sherrie

Congratulations to Halle and Gabriel. And yes, that baby is going to be a beautiful baby that will be loved and treasured. All the best to you! I am sure they are very excited!

tanyatmr

To shades of bradgelina,
My father died when I was 2 years old. Did it ever occur to you that a child can grow up in a healthy home without a father. What about the children whose fathers live with them and there are just there not participating with their children and not showing them any affection. Where is it written just because your father lives with you that you will not be dysfunctional? There is no guarantee that your father will love you or you will love your father. There are many people in this world who didn't have fathers growing up whether their father left or died. You need to get a grip on reality, nothing is written in stone.

Jenny

My mother had me when she was 41 years old and I turned out FABULOUS! lol

Halle, girl, first of all, the father is a HUNK so you picked some god genes to go along with your good genes. That baby's gonna be so pretty, I can hardly STAND it! PLUS he/she will be caramel colored too?? Well, maybe not, but anyway... Oh LAWD, I can not wait to see that child!

Congratulations!! You'll do fine, girl.

Really??

CONGRATS!!!! A baby is a wonderful thing to have... Now to all of you nut jobs wish bad things upon this baby just because the mother is older.. that is HORRIBLE!! just sick and makes me a bit sad for you. I do not think that they have to be married, I married because I got pregnant and am now going though a divorce that is going to effect my child far more then if I had been strong enough to feel I could have raised him on my own, with his father in his life. Marriage is not mandatory in today's world and this in no way plays a part in how a child will behave or act. You can still love a child and raise it to be a good person with or without a father & mother in the same home.

pearley McClinton

You go Halle, that will be one beautiful baby. After that Benet character I thought she would never love again. I love you and the work you do.

don't care

CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE. CONGRATS, HALLE.

Empathy Matters

29. too old ...nah ...lots of people in their 40's have babies!! congratulations!!! but hey i am old fashioned ..get married 1st!

Posted at 4:16PM on Sep 4th 2007 by QUESTION
----------------------------------------------------
Too old is not a put down. A woman's eggs deteriorate with age and that is why it becomes not a good idea after the age of 40.

Empathy Matters

and only GOD tells women when they're too old to have kids.....NOT MAN!!!!! that's whats wrong with the world now, they depend on man too much. congrats Halle and Gab! a lot of brothas are gonna be really upset but who cares.......they didn't appreciate you! gone and do your thang girl!!!!

Posted at 4:00PM on Sep 4th 2007 by shanice

------------------------------------------

Surprise, surprise! I read recently that studies have concluded a man's (advanced) age ALSO adversely affects the health of a baby.

Empathy Matters

151. What is wrong with these OLD moms? I want to hear how they are doing in 5 - 10 years!! First of all, motherhood is full of challenges and can be rather difficult for a younger mother, but imagine a menopausal woman!!! Whew....what were you thinking Halle??? DUH! I am not a mean person, just concerned. Also about the health of children of older mothers. A chance I would not be willing to take with someones life. Hollywood is making this glamorous...when in reality, it is selfish and dangerous.

Posted at 9:51AM on Sep 10th 2007 by Marcia
--------------------------------------
I would agree, except, Halle has never had a baby, is looking forward to it; therefore, the baggage carried by someone who is already haggard from caring for others is absent in her case.

Empathy Matters

150. Harry isn't a sellout ~ last time I looked her mom was white
All her black husbands treated her like crap ..give the woman a break..
Should halled of stayed with a man of any color who beated the crap out of her and the other ex husband was a sex freak....

This white guy seems to love her and accept her...No Matter is she is biracial..

Posted at 3:32AM on Sep 10th 2007 by zahara sweet

----------------------------------------------
My sentiments exactly.

Also, in the past she has made some nasty racial comments. Now that she seems to be happy with a white guy, maybe now she understands that nothing has anything to do with color.

Furthermore, Halle is beautiful, agreed. Her high school photo shows that she has made wise use of plastic surgery, however!