PETA Gives Whoopi a Whuppin'!

9/5/2007 11:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi is the new Rosie on "The View," in more ways than one! Day one, and she's already pissed off a whole lotta people, including animal rights group PETA. Goldberg defended Michael Vick by saying there are things that are "indicative to certain parts of our country," ... meaning the South.
PETA and Whoopi Goldberg
PETA President Ingrid Newkirk fired off an email to Whoopi that very politely said just how ignorant Whoopi's statement was. "I think a lot of people who live and work in the South -- as PETA does -- will not appreciate the "view" that cruelty to dogs is an accepted Southern pastime. Those who fight dogs do so in New York, Chicago, and even the Republic of The View -- click to launchIreland, and what unites them is lawlessness and callousness, not whether they eat grits or Belgian waffles for breakfast." Newkirk went on to say that "animals are as vulnerable to abuse as children are, and they need your voice more than Vick does right now." Whoops!

UPDATE: On today's "View" Whoopi said she was "not condoning" Vick's actions. It sure sounded as though she was making excuses for them.

stopthepresses

Oh Kee, Kee, Kee, YOU'LL never get it, will you? You're pathetic. Keep taking up for Vick - it's stupid, but it's what you do best, apparently. I hope you're not in health care or something, where lives might be risked by your stupidity. Probably too dumb, though, right? See ya washing down the produce at Walmart!! Have a good day!

len

# 10...........have you had electroshock therapy...?....You appear to be functioning with a neuronal deficit

The real story!

did you all know peta kills about 15000 animals a year? look it up!

jimmy

Damn Whoopi, how could you defend Michael Vick's behavior regarding animal abuse? What are you telling us that in India, child slavery is okay because they have been doing it 100 years, they don't know better, they grew up that way. Are you saying that southern slaveowners just didn't know better because they grew up that way? Are you going to justify all the abuse in the world on that the fact that they grew up that way. Female genital mutilation okay ? it's been around forever?????? Whoopi your a comedian, don't venture out , you might hurt someone.

len

Sigghh.......you sound dense as a doorknob.........you really do not comprehend the root of the problem with dog fighting do you............you think that it is a simple as .well.dogfighting.......that is because.You are simple.........Now...........put your coat on ...............go out................& do something constructive........................instead of flapping your very large mouth...............do some Community work to help solve the social issues which concern you so much............................as for me .having read your ranting & raving....................I still highly value dogs...& despair for people like you

len

Kee.you make no sense at all.........I grew up with an abominable childhood.........I was beaten on a daily basis, by my mother...I hoped & waited for someone to come.to help me ..to take me away from her...no-one did................that was my life.all that I knew................daily physical & emotional abuse..........................day in, day out month in , month out...for years...........I have a son.grown up, recently married..happy, with agood job..................he is a wonderful son.......................did I perpetuate the only.abusive life that I had known.....No..not only am I not inclined to being abusive..............I knew from a very early age, that what my mother did was wrong..............why do you defend such an abusive man........with an attitude like yours......" that we carry our upbring with us"................& that is that...........humanity is in jeopardy..............there really is no need to perpetuate malevolent behavior............you are quite one dimensional.arent you.you have no insight or depth

kee

jennifer and to everyone else.................sorry to hear that u grew up that way....and thank goodness that u were smart enough not to continue the abuse u undured---but some people are not lucky enough to make that happen....but u should understand what i am saying(from experience)but......YOU DON'T GET IT.....NOT ONCE DID I SAY THAT I SUPPORT ANYTHING THAT WOULD HARM ANYONE(READ MY POST).......THE POINT THAT I WAS MAKING IS THAT HOW IS ANYONE GONNA FIX THE PROBLEM---if u don't acknowledge the problem/source, then how can u make a change, but yet everyone wants to throw stones after its been brought to light...when in fact its everywhere.....u acknowledge the abuse that u suffered....and what happen...u changed it U DECIEDED THAT U WOULD NOT LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT, AND NOW IF U SEE SOMEONE ACTING THE WAY YOUR MOTHER OR WHOEVER TO A CHILD...U WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT..RIGHT......OK....U HAVE ACKNOWLEGE THE PROBLEM.......thats it...but see everyone can make excuses about child abuse and use that'''WHERE I'M FROM, THATS HOW WE WERE RAISED''.....and what happens...some people carry that where ever they go........its the same with people who mis-treats animals.....

lst1194

so whoopie according to your logic then if someone in the south uses the n-word its ok because its indicative of the south as being slave owners and racist. the sad thing about whoopie and rosie and other celebes who give there views is that they live in a priviledged world and they are out of touch with reality. to condone or even suggest what vick did was anything but sick, cruel, and criminal is out of touch with reality. on a side note i find it sickening that after repeated denials and lies to authorities and the nfl vick in his admitting says he found god. vick didnt find god! its what he and his lawyers thought he should spew forth to try and gain sympathy from the to all forgiving and blind worshipping public. geez i wish someone would hire me to spew forth nonsense as the view has whoopie. but hey they let that idiot rosie expound as she pleased so i should have expected as much.

len

the only one making excuses about abuse............is you.......It is you who doesnt get it.......making excuses doesnt change things...Mr. Vick knows exactly what he has been doing.he doesnt need your understanding.he needs punishment according to the law.for the felony crime that he premeditatively commited

len

Yes.Kee................my comment about excusing abuse.is directed at you

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

I am culturally inclined to think Whoopi is an idiot with classic foot in mouth disease.

len

well Kee..................you are quite dogmatic about one' s past upbring...& how it is carried forward with you in life...and so , I give you a little insight into my life.& how I have not perpetuated malevolent behavior.....what do you say to me.?.............how lucky I am to have been able to leave that abuse behind.& not continue it..........Lucky.!!!! are you totally dense......?....luck had nothing to do with it....I fought against adversity....................you are literally stupid & ignorant..exactly the way Vick likes his fans........................................much easier to con....!!!

kee

ms. jennifer.....
oh so now u fought against it................huh....well how ever u came above it, didn't u? or are u still fighting?................first of all do not ever call me stupid or ignorant, i want to help and change how people are doing things.........hell if i allowed myself to continue the things on how i was raised..........never mind...u may be so ignorant to take that out of context. just like i said before point out anything i have posted where i said that vick or anyone was exuseable for their actions...........u can't...i never said that.............but u want to insult me....fine go ahead if that makes u feel better.............in the mean time i will continue to open my eyes and do my part on improving the world for my family while the rest of u sit on your ass's and throw tones---

stopthepresses

Kee,

You ARE OBVIOUSLY IGNORANT. As far as Vick is concerned, I might want to throw a "stone", but I doubt a "tone", as you write, would do much good. He probably can't sing either, in addition to being a gutless, piece of %$#&!!!

len

Kee..maybe we should all throw "tones' at Sick Vick.......................perhaps he will learn to sing instead of torturing animals......................