Timberlake's "Box" Wins Emmy

9/9/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He cut a hole in a box, stuck his junk in it, and now he has an Emmy for it! Last night, frisky Justin Timberlake and "SNL" regular Andy Samberg won a Creative Arts Emmy for their hilarious "SNL" short film, "D**k in a Box," about a very special gift.

In Andy's acceptance speech (Timberlake was busy making girls swoon at a concert in Washington state), he joked, "I think it's safe to say that when we first set out to make this song, we were all thinking 'Emmy!'"

Samberg dedicated the award to a real "up and comer" -- his "D*ck in a Box" creative partner, saying Timberlake's "clearly very talented and could use a break. So, Justin, if you're out there, congrats to you, kid."

Wicked

Sandberg or whatever in the hell his name is can suck my ....!!! And clearly, Justin T is into it. Give me a friggin break. No talent, got lucky, piss on you, POS.

Next.

Wicked

Had it not been for Britney, I'd of outed JT a long time ago.

Good luck Brit Brit at the VMA's tonight. Show the world you still got game babe.

Wicked

WOW. Simply...WOW. They give Emmy's for this??? for what??? When I was a kid, there were REAL MOVIE STARS. REAL SINGERS. Not a bunch of popstars/poptarts.

It sucks to be awarding Emmy's for such talentless people producing a bunch of crap.

What.Ev.Er.

Emily

I love andy samberg and the whole snl cast!! the other people who commented obviously lack humor. andy is hilarious and without him and will forte i probably wouldnt watch snl. i think andy is really creative and he has interesting ways to bring an easy laugh. i think he deserves something for all the work hes done on snl and i definitely want to wish him a big congrats!! and justin too, cause he is incredibly hot

sue

Samberg, and the other newbies on SNL, are great -- really funny. I just loved the social commnetary satire on the 'd* in the box' skit; their late 80's/early '90's look was hysterical in and of itself. Clearly Samberg was the brains behind it ...

why Timberlake would also be awarded is ridiculous. He was just doing whatever he had been directed to do; a puppet on a string like he always has been/always will be.

As someone who was not from the 'Boy Band' generation I just don't get their appeal. I was too old (25yrs in year 2000) to get into the whole thing, boy bands and brittney spears, when they came on the scene and have never bought one of their cd's, etc. But even if I was in the right age group - I'd like to think I would've been following along like the rest of the sheeps who jumped into that scene.

How Timberlake and that shrill, womanly sounding voice -- and those horrible sacarrine sweet songs he meows out -- is selling so much music and gets so much airplay, concert sales, awards, etc. is absolutely beyond my understanding.

It's well, well past time for the muscial industry to bring back REAL music and real musicians, ones who CAN really bring 'sexy back'!!!!

Donovan

My husband and I watch this video at least twice a month and STILL laugh after all of this time. Or we'll be just hanging out and one of us will break into it. So any video that can do that deserves an Emmy. It was a brilliant concept and carried out with perfection by those two! They had incredible chemistry doing it and pulled it off perfectly. Adam looked so completely hot in it even if he wasn't meaning to.
His comments in the acceptance speech were funny too. Congrats to you guys!

Donovan

#6, who pissed in your Wheaties????

sue

8. #6, who pissed in your Wheaties????

Posted at 3:43PM on Sep 9th 2007 by Shannon

________________

You're right, I do come across completely abrasive wacko.

But I am just so sick of crappy music.

Butterfly

When we first saw the clip, we were laughing our asses off...it was creative and funny...remember the late 80's-early 90's when every guy tried to look like that? It was done perfectly.

Congrats to Andy and Justin on your Emmy win and making for a new classic!

Gerri

a "WHOLE" in a box?

ac

love justin and whats his name, the video is great I still laugh at it. Talent when not even trying now thats a gift. Jessica is one lucky girl........he is hot and only gets better with time. Bet ya the cameras tonight will pan to Justin when Brit is performing.

Rebecca

Washington is spelled wrong.

Katie

I was at the JT concert last night and he announced that he got an Emmy for that after he sang it, during the encore. He was laughing about it and saying we all watch too much YouTube if he could win an emmy for that... Or something along those lines. I think it's hilarious.

Gerri

TMZ - I'd like to apply for the job of proofreader as yours obviously has quit or needs to be fired.

Washigton is not a state, it's a typo.

Heffer

#6, Sue - There have been boy bands at least since the Beatles.

Quit trying to act like you're above it.

You're about the same age as me. We grew up with Kings of modern boy bands: New Kids on The Block. Where were you growing up?

We lived bothed lived through the late-70's, 80's, and 90's. We had some pretty bad music to go along with the bad hair and fashion to go with it. I can name a laundry list of singers who "Shrill", but still created classics starting with the Bee Gees.

At least JT is good looking, can dance, and has a sense of humor.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments