Barry to Elisabeth:

Your 'View' is Dangerous

9/17/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

A network spokesman had no comment.

Livia

6. I think she should "out" him for this.

Posted at 1:34PM on Sep 17th 2007 by Kitty

ROFL
Now why would you insinuate that barry is a tutti frutti? His mother is still waiting for him to find the perfect Jewish girl

GirlGumbo

Oh, well Barry's now off my playlist. Memo to entertainers... entertain me, keep your views on current events and politics to yourself.

dukette

isn't he just as close minded for refusing to go on because of her POLITICAL VIEWS?? wow. And did we forget that just a couple weeks ago whoopi was defending Mr. Vicks cruelty to animals? Or that Rosie aided the defacing of pictures of Ms. Liz? Dangerous and Offensive seem to mean something different to Barry Who?-ilow than they do to me.

unreal reality

geez. Grow up, Manilow. I am a fanilow, but this little stand of yours is pathetic. You are older than 5yrs old now, right?

Dottie

I think Barry Manilow is BaBa Walters anyway this proves it!

Dennis D

Who cares about some Aging Homosexual Queen having a Hissy Fit? Is Barry Afraid he can't debate Elizabeth?

Victoria

Barry......come out of the closet.............then go back in the closet.

LE

Um, has Barry never seen the show? Or did Elizabeth just start today? In other words, she has been what she is for as long as she's been there, why did he sign on to do the show in the first place?

I am very disappointed in Barry for this...I thought he had better character than this. Could he not just avoid a conversation if he didn't want to engage her opinions? Talk about the record, that is really all we want to hear from him anyway. His political opinions mean nothing, just like Elizabeth's. There is enough room for all.

Grow up. And responders, you too...clean up your act. Why do you have to personally insult and attack people and call them nasty names? When people read these responses, an opinion is formed about you too, and it isn't one I would be proud of. Have an opinion, disagree, not like someone, that's fine. But be professional about it.

DzDawg

Barry Manilow for Dictator of The USA. We all need to conform to Barry Manilow's views on life NOW. I woke up this morning thinking for myself but Barry Manilow has since shown me there is his way and his way only.

Kait

So he only can be in rooms with people who are exactly like him?

That's awesome.

This is so immature. Elisbeth's views are just her views and she has as much of a forum there as Joy who is much different than Elisabeth. Somehow though they are friends.

Take note Barry!

notaceleb

I'VE NEVER NEEDED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BARRY MANILOW BEFORE. BUT, I DON'T GET THIS FOSSIL-LOSER. HE'S KNOWN FOR YEARS THAT ELISABETH HASSELBECK HAS BEEN ON THE SHOW. SO, HE BOOKS A DATE ON THE SHOW, THEN THROWS A HISSY FIT TO GET OUT OF THE BOOKING AND MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT HASSELBECK - THAT SHE'S "DANGEROUS"! I HEARD HE'S A DRUNK. IS THAT TRUE? YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD, "FOOL," AFTER THE WORD DRUNK. QUICK, BOOK HIM A ROOM NEXT TO LINDSAY LOHAN!

erin

As Donald Trump said "Elizabeth Hasselbeck is one of the stupidest people on television"

Shermdude

Barely Man-enuff was a loser in the "70's and he's a bigger one today!! Go Liz! Tell the wierdos what is true!!

Amy

Good- I can't stand Elizabeth...she needs a good slap in the face!

L

Barry, I'll bet that you "strongly disagree" with a lot of your fan's views, but you have no problem taking their money, do you? Hypocrite!