Accident Kills "Dark Knight" Crew Member

9/25/2007 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A special effects technician was killed Monday in an accident during London production of the latest Batman film "The Dark Knight."

Warner Bros. said the unidentified crew member died when a truck carrying a camera platform crashed into a tree while following a stunt vehicle. Filming on the movie was not taking place at the time, and no actors were involved in the accident.

The studio issued a statement saying the producers, cast and crew "are deeply saddened by this tragedy and their hearts and prayers go out to the family and loved ones of the deceased."

death on a cracker

small price to pay for a masterpiece. you are a hero( person who died.)

victimblue

I think news like this one that shouldn't be annouced is announced only for the sole purpose to add more intrest to the film. Remember when Brandon Lee died during the making of the crow? I only think that movie made money only because he died while filming it. They exploited his death all over the media and everybody wanted to see the film. ......To tell you the truth, The Crow wasn't all that its cracked up to be.
Lets hope the people at warner bros just let this be. R.I P.

Omar

This is really sad to have a death connected to the production. I hope they put a little dedication to him in there somewhere.

vikki

so sorry for their lose,to both family and friends.

Dawn Day

Holy Ouch Batman!

vikki

to #4 nice kind words,not

Shawna

Gee thank god no actors were involved. I can rest alot easier now.......My thoughts go out to this person's family and friends. Im so sorry for your loss.

vikki

number 3 your such an ASS!!

Stephanie P.

so sorry for the loss, their family is in my prayers.

vikki

Shawna,your NO BETTER than Dawn Days' remarks,what loosers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mly

Well, I have a really good friend (possibly two) that is part of the camera crew on this movie - so I'm scared to death until I know he is safe - and I'm devastated for the family of the crew member that died. The lives of the crew are just as valuable as the actors, shame on you Shawna for your comment.

bree

Let's face it - this is not news. This is publicity. They don't even name the poor soul that died.

Shawna

To #9...its called "sarcasm", look it up. It isnt all about the actors. Its about the tragic accident that took a life.

MeSOHorrrrny

They don't name the person who died out of respect for him and their family.

vikki

YOU call THAT sarcasm!!! Are you kinding ME???!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments