Kiefer Sutherland

Popped for DUI

9/25/2007 2:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kiefer SutherlandJack Bauer isn't untouchable after all.

TMZ has learned that "24" star Kiefer Sutherland was busted on suspicion of DUI in West Hollywood last night, after allegedly blowing more than twice the legal limit of .08. This is the actor's second DUI in the past five years -- he was arrested in 2004. By California law, if he's convicted, he must serve a mandatory minimum of five days in jail.

Police sources tell TMZ 40-year-old Sutherland was pulled over around 1:35 AM PST on the corner of La Cienega and Beverly. Sutherland was at the FOX Fall Eco-Casino party at Area nightclub earlier that evening. The photo in this story was taken at the event.

Sutherland, who was stopped after making an illegal U-turn, was arrested for misdemeanor DUI and transported to the Hollywood Police station. He was booked at 4:09 AM and released at 5:42 AM on $25,000 bail.

We're told Sutherland was "cooperative and mellow" while he was in custody.

According to the L.A. Sheriff's Dept. website, the actor is 5'10" and weighs 150 lbs.

Sutherland is scheduled to face a judge on October 16.

A rep for Sutherland told TMZ "It would be premature to comment at this time."

Story developing ...

Steve C

Jack Bauer will prevail!

The Marian Movement

Hope the Police were quiet on the set.

offended

Certainly a television star of his stature can afford a driver for a night. I just don't get it. I am a man of much much less means than Sutherland, that likes to imbibe from time to time. If I have to go out, I make arrangements, so that I don't have to drive. It can be as simple as getting dropped off by a friend and having cash and a phone number of a taxi co. handy. Certainly a man of 40 would have learned this by now.

cant believe im on tmz

the man can function on anything. dont you remember season three when he still had the heroin addiction. he drove all day long!

Kobe_No_Means_No

It would be an honor to die by getting run-over by Jack Baur's car.

James

This is getting ridiculous. As a general rule, the police will arrest you late at night with ANY alcohol on your breath. Just to be safe. Yea, some people that DUI's deserve them, but some others have those (3) beers and they are .08. The public has no way to determine what their BAC level is. Best to not drink anything and drive.

repulsed

5' 10" and 150 lbs.? Sounds like he's a little sucked up on speed and trying to come down using the booze, huh?

BubbleGutsMike

I wonder if Chloe bailed him out

KAT

KIEFER I WANT TO DRINK WITH YOU

jonathan

do these guys not have money for a limo?...actors ain't the smartest bunch.

Flake

Call CTU and have the blue prints downloaded to his PDA....

SHIA'S BIGGEST FAN

I agree with Mitchell, these stars have enough money to get a taxi or someone to drive them when they have to much to drink. Too much money and no common sense. I would call my driver and say "hey I am wasted could ya pick me up" and spare getting a DUI

Glisten Garbor

Actors have been drunk driving since the dawn of Hollywood..How come the police are just arresting them now?

notaceleb

I DON'T DRINK. BUT, UNLESS THESE PEOPLE ARE FALLING DOWN DRUNK ALL THE TIME, LEAVE THEM ALONE. KIEFER SUTHERLAND DOESN'T SEEM TO BE THAT, THOUGH HE'S IN A LITTLE BIT OF TROUBLE. HOWEVER, I WISH THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE BRIGHT ENOUGH TO HIRE A DRIVER. EVEN DANNY DEVITO IS SMART ENOUGH FOR THAT. GO FIGURE.

Glisten Garbor

Yah too bad jurors on celebrity trials (SPECTOR) aren't as diligent as the police.