Ja Rule: I Don't Care About Gay Marriage

9/26/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ja RuleAfter showing his true colors in Complex magazine by doing his best Isaiah Washington impression and rattling off homophobic comments, failed rapper Ja Rule is trying to change his tune -- sorta!

In an interview with Spinner.com, the 31-year-old says his homophobic remarks were taken out of context. Mmm hmmm! Regarding gay marriage, Ja says,"It's really not my business. I really could care less." Lovely. The father of three adds, "I have relatives that are homosexuals and, you know, they come over for Christmas, hang out." Bah humbug.

It's truly heartwarming when people realize the error of their ways.

sonja

Not everyone is for gay marriage (myself included) deal with it!

LI

PUH-LEASE!

You woud think these african americans would know a little something about discrimination...

K

Why can't he have his own opinion? America wants diversity so long as it aligns with liberal thinking. I think he is entitled to his own opinion just as much as anyone else!

Agreed, sydjulia22. The only opinion we as a nation are allowed to have publicly is a liberal opinion.

Anything less is intolerance or hate, isn't it?

I'm so tired about being a country dedicated to so-called free speech. What free speech?!

Thumper

Just because you don't approve of a behavior does not make you a hater or a racist. I don't agree with same sex partners or marrage and guess what, I do not have to. If that is what some people want then that is their business but don't force your views on me. i don't like it nor do i like to see it. i don't even like to see a man and a woman gropeing each other let alone the same sex. That's my view and i am sticking to it. You don't have to agree with me but don't tell me i am wrong, only one being can do that and it is not you or me.

Rocco and David

Get off the homophobic crap. Just because a person is against gay marriage/gay lifestyle DOES NOT make that person 'afraid' of gays. I have friends who are gay. I personally am against the lifestyle but am accepting of the people/person. Are gays/lesbians considererd heterophobes ????? Stop trying to justify by 'creating' words like - homophobic. Other words, don't shove your beliefs down my throat. Like Ja, I could care less what Adam and Steve do in private - just spare me the details.

Rocco and David

CORRECTION:

I COULD NOT CARE LESS ..........

D

When are people going to realize that the phrase is suppose to be "I couldn't care less", meaning you do not care at all. Not "I could care less" meaning that you do care to some extent. Is it really that difficult to understand?

LEO PHILLIP

SINCE WHEN ITS OK FOR 2 MEN TO HAVE SEX OR 2 FEMALES TO HAVE SEX OR TO GET MARRIED? ISIAIAH WASHINGTON AND JA RULE SHOUL D HAVE NEVER APOLOGIZED. HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG PERIOD. AMERICA HAS BECOME A NATION OF HOMOS AND LESBIANS.

JLoshould'vebeeninmymusicvideo

The man is entitled to his opinion. If he doesn't like homosexuality, no amount of social pressure can or should force him to feel otherwise. At least not in a so-called free society...

Merry Christmas

Like it or not, he is entitled to his opinion, just like you. This is a glorious country we live in.

alyssa

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. if you're not pro gay marriage you're a homophobe??? or if you don't care if gays get married you're a homophobe????????

Jo

His comments were not homophobic; being against homosexuality is not being homophobic. Having a phobia clearly means fear of. I'm against homosexuality but I'd much rather converse with someone who is gay than someone who is unintelligent.

Don

Where's the news in this story? Let's face it, Ja Rule is what he is and it would be hard for him or any other hip-hop artist to exist in that world or move in those circles if they weren't openly homophobic. A sad commentary on many different things perhaps, but a fact nonetheless.

lanette

i agree with what he said.

he said nothing wrong.

brent

I'd tap his ass under a rainbow sky. He'd be done with woman for sure.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments