Vick

Scores with PETA

10/2/2007 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1002_michael_vick_getty-1PETA announced today that Michael Vick, the embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback who plead guilty to dog fighting charges, completed an eight-hour class in empathy and animal protection. A little late, no?

Vick took the course at PETA's Norfolk, Virginia headquarters on September 18, was given home study materials, and came back a third time to take a test. PETA is asking the NFL to make empathy training mandatory for all players.

If you would like to repair your public image following an embarrassing federal trial, you can find all the materials at PETA.org.

Amazing

Wonder how PETA feels about partial-birth abortion, or is it just dogs that gets their panties in a twist?

AnimalLover

Michael Vick is a creep. But PETA kills more dogs and cats than Michael Vick ever did in the name of being "humane". They are hypocrits. PETA sucks when it comes to companion animals. If you love dogs and cats support your local animal shelter and NOT PETA!

bethany

Thank You Peta!!! You might get through to him (if Peta can withstand the constant assaults and smears by people like the dog fighters)

jeff

#121 are you dense ? vick has not been honest about his dealings with animals, or anything for that matter He was forced to come clean his cousin living at vicks sick house was raided for drugs that led to the dogfighting operation that led to the discovery of tax evasion & racketeering, in & across state lines,his "friends ' rolled him over to save themselves, he pled a deal to save himself he has defaulted o a 2.5 million dollar loan with a canadian bank for real estate investments, and has not made payments on a loan for a business involving cars and you say he has been honest ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

jeff

#121 he has been indicted & found guilty by the feds he is now going to be tried by the state will be found guilty, has already admitted his guilt will be punished for his DISHONESTY ! haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa

jeff

this is a blog dealing with the issue of animal cruelty michael vick to be precise this is not a blog dealing with any other issue rape abortion abuse & murder of human beings, world atrocities and anything else that could be addressed I work full time. pay my taxes. pay all my bills support myself family & causes without anyone elses help I , and I alone will decide just what cause i will support that is my right. I am capable, of supporting many issues at one time apparently many of you cannot ie; why do you care more about animals thann human life ? you do not know me, you do not not know what who or how many issues that I can care about & deal with at one time how sad that you are so one dimensional and God will judge me not any one human being and an y human being , commentator godsfavor, that has the audacity to speak as if he represents God , tread carefully, you are only human God also watches you he knows all but you do not that is why you are human fallible & he is not so to all of you who cry "why are animals more important than.." how did you arrive at that judgement about who what & how many issues i care about...are you involved in my daily life, do you support me financially do you pay my bills who the hell are you to decide just what I must deem important in life.....based upon yourself, I would choose an animal everytime now you and those like you shut up & take cre of your own business God will be my judge, not any sanctimonius human being If you have a non dog fighting michael vick issue to discuss please, go to the approriate blog this is The Michael Vick Blog !!!!!!

Mika

And the winner for longest run-on sentence...Joelle. Bonus points awarded for being a bible-thumping nutjob as well. Bravo

Max61

..........Dakota............thanks..............you are correct...........Abe would have preferred that I finished it................at that moment I was tired and just didn't want to type it all..................I am amazed that the Vick supporters are so mad at PETA.....................I always have in mind that some people can walk down the street and see the stone they are about to step on........................at the same time, see the beggar leaning against the wall half a block away, ............................at the same time smell the chicken frying across the street.............................at the same time look at their watch and know what time of day it is.................................at the same time think about their inspection sticker................Is that intelligence or luck or what?.............Others cannot realize any thing larger than their own view in the store window............I think these are the Vick supporters................

jeff

mika you mistake me Not a bible thumper, I was responding to one #121...and actually trying to shut them up.read again, more closely my main point was to express my right to choose what i care about i dont preach to anyone that is God's job

Gissele

TO THOSE WHO ATTACK PETA:

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO FOR ANIMALS?

tHOSE ANIMALS THAT YOU EAT EVERYDAY ARE THE SAME AS YOUR DOG OR YOUR CAT

THERE'S NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIFFERENCE!

YOU JUST CHOOSE ******NOT TO THINK****** ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT!

the world does not need people like that!

PLEASE LEARN ABOUT PETA BEFORE YOU COMMENT!

jeff

mika I am tired of commentators that bring God into the equation..............ie: "godsaver' comment # 121................not their business to preach to people I answered that person my reference to God was to that person only, because frankly I am tired of people referrring to God, his forgiveness judgement etc..as if if they are god incarnate......I have never& will never preach god it is too personal & too delicate a subject........belief.........& I do not profess to know so much or be that good.. but I & each individual has a right to choose our causes.............without someone judging us.........ie; human being if we do something illegal, then a court of law will judge us.......

Max61

....................Vick supporters, are you aware that
PETA, HSUS, and SPCA.......are three different
organizations?..............PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment
of Animals, with more than 1.8 million members and supporters, is the
largest animal rights organization in the world. PETA focuses its
attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals
suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory
farms, in laboratories, in the clothing trade, and in the
entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues,
including the cruel killing of "pests," and the abuse of BACKYARD
DOGS.. PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations,
research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity
involvement, and is based in Norfolk,
Va.....................HUMANE SOCIETY OF AMERICA,The
HSUS is the nation's largest animal protection organization with more
than seven million members and constituents. The HSUS is a mainstream
voice for animals, with active programs in companion animals,
wildlife and habitat protection, animals in research, and farm
animals. The HSUS protects all animals through legislation,
litigation, investigation, education, advocacy and field work. A
non-profit organization, The HSUS celebrated its 50th anniversary in
2004, is based in Washington, D.C............................SPCA,
The first Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was
organized in England in 1824, primarily to prevent carriage horse
abuse in the day before automobiles.The mission of SPCA International
is to raise the awareness of the abuse of animals to a global level,
to eradicate the euthanasia of healthy and adoptable companion
animals and to mount efforts to enhance animal welfare throughout the
world.We accomplish this mission by working both independently and
together with local SPCA organizations in all countries and based in
Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C........................This
information was punched up in about 5 minutes, (I have a slow
connection)..........so, instead of a string of
vulgarity...........read a little bit...........All these people are
working for the protection of dogs ...................and if you feel that I am
preaching to you...........sorry.........THAT is the last thing I
will do.

sharond

PETA teaching animal empathy classes?? WHAT A JOKE!! PETA members were caught KILLIING innocent kittens and puppies by the hundreds in the back of a van and throwing their little dead bodies into garbage cans behind local area stores a year or so ago!! 80% of the "rescue" animals that PETA takes in they KILL!! They are not animal saviors, but animal ABUSERS!!!

If the NFL falls for their "classes", then they are stupider than the players! Get real people and educate yourselves before anyone is impressed with PETA:

sharond

From http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

"""PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through the end of 2005, PETA killed over 14,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during 2005 alone. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities.

PETA rakes in nearly $30 million each year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.

PETA claims it engages in outrageous media-seeking stunts "for the animals." But which animals? Carping about the value of future two-piece dinners while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens isn't ethical. It's hypocritical -- with a death toll that PETA would protest if it weren't their own doing.

PETA kills animals. And its leaders dare lecture the rest of us?"""

Find somewhere else to put your 'save the animals' money rather than donating it to PETA--after all, their Prez Ingrid Newkirk has gone on record as stating that PETA would rather see all the cats and dogs put down than 'owned' by a human!! Nice people, eh??

Michelle

This whole Vick thing is really being carried out too far. The punishment just doesn't fit the crime. There are plenty of other professional players out there, even celebrities in general, who have done a lot worse than he has like murdering people & they're still playing, acting, singing, whatever...they aren't doing time, they are still getting a pay check. What he did was wrong, yes, & he should be punished for it, but the punishment he is getting doesn't fit the crime.