« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick 'Em Shirts: Too Soon?

10/10/2007 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In an effort to poke a little fun at the Michael Vick scandal and irk rival Texas A&M, students at Texas Tech created a t-shirt depicting a football player hanging a dog with the slogan "Vick 'Em" across the front.
Michael Vick shirts
A&M and Tech play this weekend. The "Vick 'Em" slogan is in reference to the A&M slogan "Gig 'em" and the dog being hung in the photo is A&M's mascot. The player doing the hanging is wearing a number seven jersey -- that's Vick's number.

Amazingly enough, the shirts were created by the Theta Chi fraternity at Texas Tech in an effort to raise money for the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund. According to the Daily Toreador, Texas Tech's student paper, the t-shirts are no longer being produced, and the frat was kicked off campus as a result.

"We realize the shirts shouldn't have been printed," Geoffrey Candia, the creator of the shirts, told the AP. Hindsight is 20-20!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

wasted days and wasted nights

This is just wrong.

Delilah

That's sick

LAME

Not cute - quite lame!

Jan

I WANT ONE!

Jan

I WANT ONE!

Jcase

Yeah, this is WRONG, and sick and it"s not funny at all. College educated kids should know better. They should be taught better.

Whoknows

Instead of gathering the support of the fans, it could do the exact opposite. Not funny at all, just plain stupid really. It was obviously designed by a male.

Dawn Day

Hanging the dog part is bad but I like "Vick 'em" !!!!

Boxy Roxy

How about, "Con Vick Em!" !

Jakob

I am a Texas Tech student, and I can assure that this is pretty acceptable around here. I find it disgusting, beyond completely stupid. Hate humor is popular in west Texas.

take dat betches

that's adorable

carlasita

This shirt is ridiculous! I am hoping that there's a typo in the article and a Tech student, NOT an A&M student made the shirt!!

True Aggie

This just goes to show what type of mentality some Tech students have. M. Vicki choose to do what he was doing--knowing full well it was illegal--that is not something to laugh about. To an Aggie, Reveille is a symbol of the school spirit and the pride that we have in Texas A & M (nothing to laugh about if you've ever had upper level college courses). Basically, I guess we have to acknowledge that even with a college education some people will still act like imbeciles. I am glad that the frat was kicked off campus and I hope they are not through with the creator of the t-shirt yet--he deserves to be dealt with in a manner that would dissuade others from following in his footsteps.

Gig 'Em Aggies

CaliforniaGirl

Totally, totally disgusting. Yeah, killing dogs is just so cool. This just confirms my already low opinion of Texas A&M "university."

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk