"Housewives 3" No Jo and Slade?!

10/11/2007 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just received promo materials for the new season of Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Orange County," and we were shocked -- shocked! -- to see that Jo De La Rosa and Slade Smiley, the spiciest couple in the O.C. since L.C. and Jason Wahler, were nowhere to be found! Where'd they go?!
Real Housewives
Sources tell TMZ that the pair -- no longer an item -- declined Bravo's request for them to star on season three. We're told Jo had a commitment to her record label, and, more importantly, was over the show. Fear not, though, we've learned Jo (and Slade -- if you can stand it) could be getting their own "Hills"-esque spin-off, which will chronicle Jo's climb to musical stardom. Paging Heidi Montag! In fact, we're told Jo's label has hired one of Britney's songwriters to pen her stuff. Wait- is that a good idea right now?

Although they're no longer on the show, sources tell us that Bravo still used Jo to hype the new season, promoting a premiere party using Jo's picture. The nerve!

A Bravo spokesperson says that the decision to chop Jo and Slade had to do with the fact that, technically, she isn't a housewife anymore -- although, really, she never was. And the network has since added another housewife, Tamra Barney.

We talked to Slade, and though he wouldn't spill the beans on if a new show is in the works (so cagey that guy), he did tell us that Jo's music is "amazingly good," that the album is slated for a 2008 release and that he and his ex are building an "entertainment and production company" together. BTW, he stills sells insurance.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Scott

I live in coto as well I do not and would not act like any of thses people In the past i was in show business I make a good living but i remain humble knowing the buss could stop and the well dry up any time. I saw one of the ladys at the DMV a month ago at 11am and she was dressed like she was going to a ball ugh!!!!

Dan

God, Jo's voice is soooo annoying. If she can get a label, anyone can. Good lord what is this world coming to? Sign people w/real talent that work their way to the top w/out silly reality tv.

Mark

What happened to that cute gay guy who refuses to admit he's gay? I solely tuned in to watch for him when he is in the episodes with no shirt on.....Yum Yum....Lets see more shirtless scenes of him and how bout some shortless ones too??

An Old Acquaintance

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY IDIOTS CAST IN ONE SHOW. AND THEY THINK THEY ARE TO BE ENVIED? USUALLY, ONE OR TWO MORONS MIGHT TRY TO IMPRESSS THE CAMERAS FOR THEIR 2 MINUTES OF FAME, BUT TO HAVE THE ENTIRE CAST ACTING LIKE FOOLS IS NAUSEATING. THE BIGGEST LOSER OF THEM ALL IS GEORGE. WHAT A PIECE OF WORK! HE IS SO OBVIOUSLY LOOKED FOR ATTENTION LAST SEASON. LOOKS LIKE HE IS AS STUPID AS I THOUGHT. HERE HE GOES AGAIN. I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THE KIDS, ESPECIALLY HIS.

I Hate PUGMUM

Hey #115 aka Nffers, why aren't you in jail?

Chuck D

Jo is fine.
She's going for all she can get.
NONE of the people on this site would do this ,right? EXACTLY!
Sure you would, that's life,deal with it!
You all love the show,otherwise you'd be on a different page.
School's out!

PULEEZE

Jo CANNOT sing. They will have dub a lot of other stuff in there to make her sound good. That song that they keep playing over and over again is TERRIBLE! I am glad she is leaving the show, she really is annoying. She is totally just using Slade. If she was really smart, she would have just married him for his money!

j

No, Jo is not a housewife. She's a SUGARBABY! No, actually she's a tramp because she couldn't even act right toward dumb, trick-assed Slade in return for all that money, lifestyle, good treatment... And, oh yeah... the Beemer.

Evia Loempatico

Actually the public will ultimately decide who has a semblance of "swallowable" talent by heading to the performer's show or buying her discs...It may be that she has real talent or a real talent to fake talent...
Slade is best suited to a role in which he does not have to "compete"...he was always in competition with "flirty" Jo...and while that can be sort of 'hot', it can be boring as an ongoing story line...To an older woman(over 27) Slade is very attractive and looks good in his clothes. He seems to be sort of a traditionalist in terms of decision making etc...He is the type of man for a woman who is content , knows who she is and has no qualms about a man making decisions for her, about her. I only watched the show to see Slade...oh well.

Buddie

Slade was so full of himself!! Always bragging about the square footage of his house. Jo can't sing!! Jeana is way too fat and suffers from exteme low self esteem. She does have 2 cute kids...NOT the oldest one! I don't think Vicki works near as hard as she says she does and good for Lauri!!!

MaryKatherine

Slade and Jo......... I'm laughing as I type this !

He's pushing 40 and wants a 24 year old GIRL (named Jo) to act like a WOMAN ? Then, he insults this young GIRL by TELLING her that she needs to raise his children ?

Where's the damn hedge clippers ?
I
f this characeter Slade wants to have a grown-up relationship...............have one with a woman and not a twenty something alcholic drama queen. He wont because he would have to get his brain out of his ass and dust it off.

'nough said.

Decisions.. Good and Bad!

Jo and Slade are nixed!!! Yeah BABY~!

Had they returned on the Bravo Channel's "RHOC", I think my addiction would have been cured due to adversion therapy! I would have been able to click past and watch a Barney re-run without a child in the room!

The thought they are going to have their own show is good only if you want to see them crash and burn again..

Between the two of them, I would like to see Dr. Laura have a go.. Dr. Phil, and even give Maury a shot.. LOL

They are like watching a cancer grow before your eyes.. deadly sickening cancer.. blech!!!!

Let them lie in a heap of dirty clothes on the floor of a leper's ward!

Christmas

You can only watch this show as entertainment and take it for what it is. Obviously they've chosen some "interesting" characters and edited the takes like crazy to make them even more controversial.

They have "branded" these women in their own unique personalities-

Jo, they've played on her potential (whether she is or isn't) as a gold digging, party girl who takes without giving. Slade as the control-freak fiance who doesn't have the common sense to realize he can't force his relationship to be something it's not. Not the desired relationship for anyone, but controversial enough to keep those ratings up there!

Vickie as the tightly wound, controlling, workaholic with high expectations no one can live up to- not even her. She's accomplished, successful, and strong. You have to love that she wears the pants in her family- and her life.

Then you've got Laurie, who is a post-child for plastic surgery. I'd love to see what her "before" picture would look like! Seeing her prep for Hugh Hefner's Midsummer party almost had ME calling my Dr. Who doesn't want to look that great in their 40's!

Saving the best for last, Jeana is my personal favorite. Vickie has values, morals, knows about the ethics thing. She shows sound judgment and isn't overly critical of anyone. This is a dream mom! And a dream friend- they need more of her on this show, but I suppose that wouldn't have the controversy they need to make those ratings spike.

As for the two new "Real Housewives," we shall see.... From the first episode, I was saddened to see Tamra's situation. I can't imagine what it must be like to live with someone who treats your son that way and have no choice but to go along with it- or at least feel that you have no choice. Don't you just want to shake her and say, "look, it's obvious you don't feel proud of how your husband is treating your son- snap out of it!" Maybe she needs to bring Vickie over to lend her some pants.

reality hurts

The only reason why I am watching this season is because that annoying lil' whore bag is not on there. I totally dug that show but had to keep flipping it to a different channel whenever she was featured. She was filthy!! She has been here from Cuba since before 5 and yet she wants to act like she is soo dumb and claims it is becasue she is from somewhere else. Slade had his problems but she clearly was using him. She had no business being around children. Also YOU CANT SING!! I was personally embaressed when I heard you singing. What a joke. I hope you read this....you are an idiot and your parents should be ashamed.

Teasea

hey I am so glad that Jo gets a break from that show.Yaaa how many people would do the same. Besides she was to young to get all caught up in at that mommy stuff. They are not her kids any way . Well Slade he asked for it hey I know a few guys who would just love to be just like Slade with a very young lady. YOU GO JO ! Hope it all works out for you just the way you want it to be.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9