Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

10/13/2007 10:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges, after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities -- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

CANDACE

CULTURAL THING?? ARE YOU KIDDING. WE HEARD ENOUGH OF THOSE COMMENTS FROM WHOOPE ABOUT DOG FIGHTING. THIS IS MACHINE GUNS AND SILENCERS YOU FREAKING IDIOT. THEY CAN KILL PEOPLE. IF YOU THINK HE HAS THEM JUST BECAUE ITS CULTURAL THEN EXPLAIN THAT TO YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU GET POPPED WITH ONE OR SOME INNOCENT PERSONS FAMILY WHEN THEEY DO I LIKED THE GUY. I HONESTLY DID BUT I HOPE THEY LOCK HIS ASS UP FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME

monique

This is a prime example of why it is important to be careful about whom you associate with. Also, #10, he is no dumber than that junkie tramp, Britney.

big joe

think about it > mr. al sharpton. think about it.

oxyclean

Gun control.

vikki

your a white son of a bitch aren't now!!

big joe

# 23 i am with you.

ginger

what else is new? try finding a hip hop artist without pit bulls, guns, pot, crack, felony history.

Cartman

American citizens are actually allowed to own automatic weapons if they possess the proper permits. As one might imagine, these permits are not given to convicted felons.

Shows how stupid our homie is anyway because a semi-auto is far more lethal in the hands of an experienced shooter than an automatic weapon that empties all it's ammo in the blink of an eye( 1,300 rounds a minute, 30 round clip, you do the math). Actually, I'll do the math.. less than 1.4 seconds of firepower, not like the movies where they shoot for days without reloading.

Not that I know anything about these things.

Thanks

big joe

# 26 al sharpton should be reading this so damm true.

monique

I will agree that it is time to crack down on the criminal elements associated with rap.
The messages in the music promote violence and the thug lifestyle, while the rappers and, more importantly, the record company executives live opulent lifestyles. In the meantime, young black men die in the streets trying to keep it real. Pure nonesense.
I'm not against anyone making a dime, but not like this.

If T.I. is guilty, lock his little azz up. If not, perhaps this will be a final wakeup call that there is no future in fronting and it really is time to go legit.

~B~

I have tickets for a TI concert tomorrow night......I better get a refund!!!!!!

Jovan

Wow, I cannot believe this, or should I be surprised? Everytime same crap, different people. I guess whatever was said on BET's HipHop vs. America was in vain, and happens to prove all HipHop haters right!! I mean T.I. had everything going for him, commercials, movies, nominations, you name it. You think he would have learned his lesson by now, hence already convicted felon! He was supposed to perform on Nov.14th at the Docks night club in Toronto, I bought the tickets today, but we'll see what happens next.

I hope and pray that all of this works out in the end and it was just a mistake.

Still his biggest fan,

Jovan.

Cartman

All sales final. No refunds.

Hell Yeah

Hey #10, what kind of trailer trash are you? can't even spell ghetto correctly, must have kids with ur sister and your dad is ur uncle too....

jeff

Thank God for the federal Government. Never would the City of Atlanta police department, headed by blacks and with a black mayor, would they ever go after a thug like this. Its BET awards tonight here in Atlanta, and i'm staying in and locking my doors and windows.