Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

10/13/2007 10:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges, after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities -- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

vikki

big joe your probably a big fat asssssssssss yourself,loooooser!!!

Dog is a racist mutt!

I don't care if it was that plasticised mummy Wayne Frinkin' Newton! A previous felon with SILENCED MACHINE GUNS!!!!!! Someone needs to go to jail for a long, long time!!! Go ahead, be a tool and throw your life and career away. Idiots come in all shades and types and this goes far beyond driving without a license or putting a crinkle in someone's car and driving away! This is some serious crap here! Unfortunately, if he goes to jail, if he wasn't a totally angry professional criminal when and if he goes in, he will be when he gets out! SCREW HIM and anyone else pulling the same tricks! If he's guilty, I actually hope he mutually dies in a gun fight while taking out the other guy! Live by the gun, I hope you die by the gun!

monique

And why do I think you're broke? Because people who have little are always super paranoid about others, especially minorities, taking their stuff. Those who actually have something invest in a good alarm system, hit the button and go to sleep. I would also like to suggest that you pop a prozac to calm your nerves before turning in tonight. Sleep well, sweetie. The world will look much better to you tomorrow.

hahah

He need all the guns he can get, because every bum who thinks they're tough is probably taking shots at him. Have you ever been around groups of black people, like at clubs, concerts etc.. They soooooooooo change and become the biggest a-hole wanna be thugs. I swear they like to be portrayed like thugs. I went the the NBA AllStar game in Vegas, and you couldn't even walk past a black person without being messed with, and since I had pretty girls with me they were being even more disrespectful, and this happened for 3 days at the hotel, clubs, on the strip, just messed up behavior. I swear I hated black people that weekend, and Im not racist. ...Oh well..So let him buy more guns, the majority of black people want to be perceived that way regardless, at least the 12-30 age group.

Smokey

t.i. has zero talent??? u r a waste of sperm n dont deserve to listen to music..... t.i.'s the best rapper out there and still keeps it real, even tho that mite be his downfall. Its gonna be hard to pin this on him its kinda hearsay from the bodyguards snitch ass..... hopefully theres nothin written down. TIP your in our prayers

Itza Minkman

Michael ConVick, OJ (Prune Juice), T.I. -- every time you turn around another member of another posse is dropping a dime on a homes!!

Itza Minkman

Yo, homes...if you're so bad, why do you need a bodyguard? Just another punk!

meltz11

#38, We are black. One of them said they had heard of him but couldn't pick him out in a photo. As for me, after Run DMC, Public Enemy, and the Beastie Boys, there was no more rap/hiphop, just pimps and hoes.

More wasted talent

I just saw him on a show called "Hip Hop vs. America" on BET. He was preaching that hip hop is just music/entertainment. What part of your job in the music business calls for machine guns and silencers? Why?!!! You're famous, making tons of money. You could live anywhere in the country and have a safe, fulfilling life and someday send your kids to the best schools in the country or the world for that matter!! Neighborhoods where you don't hear gunfire while you're trying to sleep. I only wish to God I could insure my son and future great, great grandchilden a legacy like that. You could have done that for your family name. But instead you take all your cash and "PRETEND" to be a gangster. Pathetic really...

vikki

to #56 #6 posts(same stupid asssssssssss) is the worst of the worst!!!!

Itza Minkman

Yo, homes: If you're so tough, why do you need a bodyguard? Just another punk!

armon

T.I really dropped the ball here, he is a convicted felon and now faces serios prison time. Right now he is the top rapper in the industry(which is not that impressive, considering that this generation rap is disgraceful) Hope he has great team cuz I don't see him getting off. Oh well, don't drop the soap TI

TMZ reader

TheQueen....Get real!.....Black rappers deserve the hatred. After all, the lyrics of their music is full of hatred, violence and degradation, and promotes the thug image. Even Oprah agrees! She won't even have rappers on her show. Are you going to call Oprah racist too?

Itza Minkman

T.I. = Too Ignorant ...I'm guessing he needed the machine guns to bolster security at the dogs fights. You know, it IS a way of life -- so that makes it OK...just like committing armed robberies and double murders is a why of life for OJ (Prune Juice) Simpson.

Steffie

It's sad that this had to be a racial issue. There are just as many white men with machine guns illegally as well as black men. Blacks are not the only ones who are so violent. We have the band Guns and Roses, we had some kind of rock group eating bloody animals and other crap. And the majority of people shooting in the schools and on the job. WHITE!!! So stop trying to make this a race issue. TI was just being stupid(yes, I'm black). He did the crime and he needs to pay the time. And rap cannot be blamed for all of this. The rap that I grew up on was the Lost Boyz, L L Cool J, Tribe called Quest. I hate to admit most music these days are trash, whether its rap, pop, heavy metal or etc... What happend to the bands like Nirvana, Metallica and etc... Music isn't what it used to be and neither is our world. We need to love one another. And to all who made the racists comment, much love and happiness to you, fellow TMZ peeps need to pray for you.