Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

10/13/2007 10:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges, after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities -- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

suoires

it never ceases to amaze how many folks claim to hate rap, yet they never pass up the opportunity to spit their vile venom at each and every article about a rapper..i mean, i really don't like that 3 guitars and a drum crap, but i don't go out of my way to bash it,as i have other things to do with my energy..again people, aol posts are not a substitute for therapy...

LAME

Apparently you missed the first article! Read it and go chill with your weed thug! And get your panties out of that knot!

The agencies at the scene of the federal search warrant include: The ATF, U.S. Marshalls: Fugitive Task Force, Fulton County SWAT, Fulton County PD, Dekalb County PD, and the ATF/Atlanta PD Violent Crime Impact Team.

Fulton Co. PD!!!!

Terry

Did he feel with major fire power it raised his low IQ?

FlBiker

They are only going after a brother 'cause he is making money. This is another case of racism, plain & simple.

LAME

I was wondering if Al Sharptongue and Jesse Jackass was going to run to his defense!

The South

O i'm sure the FULTON COUNTY pd was leading the charge.....LMFAO

tired of cry baby

hey # 15 oh yea, a convicted felon buying machine guns with silencers, yea the not important? and it's not the goverment planning this. it's t.i. having the i.q. of a 10 year old. you are everything wrong with this world.!! how many years did you spend in prison? when you go back in the joint, read some books. improve yourself. and # 8 thats cool.

LAME

AND THE AWARD FOR MOST DUMBEST GOES TO..... LMAO

The South

Most dumbest???? I think you get that award idiot.

tired of cry baby

hey debra. did'nt i pay u 10 for a hummer on a street coner ? why is it black can say something that they feel, but a white person says what they feel then there racist ? i wish i had something to blame for my welfare lifestyle!!!

LAME

Sorry... I thought you could share the honors with TI!

LAME

Cry me a racist river!

LAME

Careful what you wish for South - Karma's a bitch (i heard).

I don't break laws, so it wont be me!!!

Muwahhhaaahaaa

LAME

And I imagine it was another brother snitching on him - what up with that?

LOL

Erica

Stop snitching?(ROFLMAO) Snitching is worse than an ex -Felon buying Machine guns, semi-automatics with silencers?
LOLOLOL
LOLOLOL
Seams to me the only coward is the one buying the machine guns........