Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

10/13/2007 10:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges, after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities -- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

The South

you don't break laws??? it doesn't matter....that's why its called a set up idiot

LAME

Oh well, another thug bites the dust....

The South

Yes snitching is worse

LAME

TI was the one setting up the meetings - that's the set up - case is open and shut!

LAME

Rapper T.I. is in big trouble, because ATF agents don't knock on your door for no reason.

New TMZ article.... LOL

Dog is a racist mutt!

One thug probably down. Still much work to do. Too bad they can't take down that thug rollin' the hard streets of D.C. known as 'G-Dub'!

The South

I'm sure he will be convicted....just like OJ in 95 lol....Atlanta is very black in case you idiots haven't noticed

The South

Dude I'm white....just not racist like you whore....I guarantee he will be acquitted.

LAME

And to top it ALL off - the cheapskate even wanted change back from the said purchase!

ROTFLMAO!

Tyrone

Of course we have the typical idiots crying about how it's not fair for him to get in trouble, what if a white guy bought the guns, blah blah blah. The point is this guy is a pice of garbage and doesn't need the guns....let alone silencers. When I was younger I used to think music didn't have an effect on kids, but now that I'm 27 and see how rap music destroyed society in america I see things totally different. Black people want to cry about" why is everyone scared of us, why are we treated different".... well maybe if these rappers hadn't taught yesterdays and todays youth to act and dress like "thugs" then people might see you in a different light.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Good point Steffie! Idiots come in all shapes and flavors. Color kinda takes a back seat when someone, anyone, has a gun pointed at you! I'm 41 and white and I still miss the days when people who had beefs would throw it down with fists ( not that any violence is good!). We're basically screwed as humans if we continue to let such a stupid thing a skin pigment and racism dictate hate! Peace to you ( and all others who walk it's path!).

matte6692

Seriously you are a damn millionaire why the hell do you need to get in trouble, lmao trying to buy machine guns and crap for what?lol! I don't understand rich and famous people these days. Completely ignorant.

dwdw

another case of the white man taking a brother down.yeah right! BUSTED

Britney Spears

Dang Y'all. I'd do him. Maybe I'll join him for his Comeback Tour 2017...

LoveyDovey

This is so sad, but expected. I'm not into hip hop or rap. I prefer old school R&B, it's better music and not offensive.