Bloom Was a No-Show

10/14/2007 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Orlando Bloom did not make an appearance at his scheduled charity event last night, "Breaking the Ice." But the show must go on!

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was set to participate in the event, set up by the Sea Shepard Conservation Society, but must have opted out after being involved in an automobile accident on Thursday night.

damaris Lopez

He was my favorite actor but he is 2 rubish to high on that british tea!!!!!

Busted Celebrity

RRRR
HE MUST HAVE BEEN DRUNK ON THE RUM! LOL

CHEERS,
BUSTED CELEBRITY

brian scott miller

Class act, walking away while the girls were left bleeding after he crashed the car. What a BUM.

Kimmie

Maybe the paparazzi should have been there to inform him shouldn't walk away from a charity either. Celebrities suck give us some real news.

heather

i don't think anyone really cares.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

Class act, walking away while the girls were left bleeding

rico13

He looks 'smashed' even though they say he wasn't..

Dawn Day

I bet Jen wouldn't let him out of bed! I know I sure wouldn't!!

Mama Says

I used to think he was kinda cool, but I guess he's just another azz-ole. Anybody know if he sent a Memorable Moments bouquet to the chick that broke her neck?

ckucky

WHO??????????????????

Katie

His childhood friend did not break her neck, that is just one more lie that these pap sites keep perpetrating. It was a minor neck injury, and she was released very quickly from the hospital.
He has nothing to answer to, period. He was sober. Period.
He called the police immediately, just like he was suppsed too (this from the police themselves). He tried to lead the vultures away from his friends, just as he should. Even the girl in the front seat didn't immediately realize that Cher was injured, or aren't you people going to condemn her for "just sitting there while her friend was bleeding"? Cher is even sitting up, talking to the dude leaning in the car. She herself may not even have realized that she was bleeding, because she seemed calm, until she saw the blood.
As for the charity event? Who cares? A lot of celebs donate money to these causes, and allow their names to be used to promote said cause, yet have no intention of showing up. Uma Thurman was a no show as well as a few others. Were they in "hiding" as well?
Bottom line is this, I used to think TMZ and x-17 were fun distractions, but now that I have seen the deliberate twisting of facts to suit your version of a story, and the TOTAL disregard of the truth.....or did I miss the story with the big headlines about Orlando testing clean of both drugs and alcohol... you have lost another visitor to your site. You don't care, I know, but I sure will feel better about myself.
I'm going to go wash my hands now. I just feel dirty.

Kat

He looks too girly for my taste.

Lee Woods

I knew he wouldn't show up for the charity event...it could be that he did not want to be a distraction...

Now, back to this accident...this guy has put himself out there as a compassionate, sweet, kind, loving person...I DON'T THINK SO...

Say it ain't so and it always is...

ellie

I don't think he is all that upstanding at all. He treated Kate Bosworth pretty crappy, and sounds like he wasn't responsible ( another idiot celebrity who won't get a taxi or limo when they are drinking ), and then he stiffs a conservation group that was counting on him.

Britney loves OJ