Drug Tests Pending in Nick Hogan Crash Case

10/16/2007 3:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A report released today by the Clearwater, Fla. Police Department about the crash involving Nick Hogan doesn't say much, but it does indicate that authorities are waiting for the results of drug and alcohol tests.

The St. Petersburg Times reports the wreck totaled Hogan's Toyota Supra valued at $50,000. The crash also caused $500 in property damage to city shrubs.

According to the report, the roads were wet at the time of the accident and the driver "disregarded other traffic control." Police sources tell us that the investigation into this case will be wrapped up by the first week in November-- and they should have a decision on whether or not to press charges.

Cops say Hogan was driving his souped-up Supra at a high rate of speed when he lost control and hit a median. The car was demolished and Hogan's passenger, his good friend John Graziano, was critically injured.

Graziano is still in the hospital, having suffered permanent brain damage. Doctors say he will never recover.

AZ MOMMY

I wonder how he sleeps at night knowing he basically killed his friend. How horrible.

lilred

Sick .. That poor boy is gonna spend the rest of his life as a veggie , what a sad story. Too bad his family will never get any Justice , cause we all know Money buys eveyone. ( example OJ )

CHAOS

IF I DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER IT WOULD SEEM LIKE HE'S TAKING CRASH LESSONS FROM BRITNEY!

HOPEFULLY HIS FRIEND'S FAMILY HAS A GOOD LAWYER AND CAN TEACH THE LITTLE RICH BOY AN ADULT LESSON - RESPONSIBILITY!! MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO JOHN AND HIS FAMILY.

Professor Obvious

Who would you rather:
1. Nick Hogan
2. Chris Crocker

Rustyvain

His Dad looks like a knuckle dragging Frankenstein watch Hogan knows best sometime if you can tolerate it.

Wrestling is for the booger picking low life's in trailer park's and illegal immigrants classy folk y'all!
Looks like Daddy's little Hulk took some extra vicodin from the Hulkster allegedly.

MOM

BOOK HIM DANNO

teckertime

who is amy sedaris??

Tom

The last part of this article is false. The court appointed nurse stated that Graziano is not brain damaged noting that he has responded to pinches and can move his eye lids which is indicitative of no brain damage.

Boo Hoo

If they let him off the hook and he gets in an accident again and kills someone, whoever let him off the hook this time will be publically crucified and will never work in public service again. I know Nick made a mistake and that he is probably a good guy, but you have to pay for your crimes. Thank God other surrounding innocent people did not get killed, If it wasn't for the tree in the median that stopped his car I hate to think what would of happened to people driving by in the other direction. This could of been catastrophic.

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

It was a horrible accident. Nick is being punished by watching his friend in this condition and knowing he was responsible. He is a 17 year old kid ...... rich or not ~ it doesn't change John's condition. How tragic for both families.

John's Mother posted this letter to a local paper .....

News > Headlines
Bay News 9 exclusive: John Graziano's mom speaks out
Monday, September 3, 2007
Post a comment | E-mail this story | Print

The mother of John Graziano, who was critically injured in a car accident with Nick Bollea on August 26, speaks publicly for the first time.PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The mother of John Graziano is breaking her silence on the highly publicized car accident that left her son in critical condition.

Debbie Graziano's son was a passenger in his friend Nick Bollea's car August 26, when it crashed into a palm tree in Clearwater.

Graziano remains hospitalized at Bayfront Medical Center.

In an exclusive email to Bay News 9, Debbie Graziano writes:

I am John's Mom. I am a private person, my children are my life.

The only "news" I want to hear is from Dr.'s and nurses as to how my son is doing.

During this past week I have been hearing small bites of what is being said in the media, re: my son's accident.

I can no longer remain silent. One week ago 2 good friends got into a tragic accident.

More Information

Debbie Graziano reads statement (audio only)
Grieving families
Previous stories
E-mail TV reporter Josh Rojas

Two families are devastated, 2 mothers are comforting each other and caring for each others children according to their needs and will continue to do so until as Terry said we walk John out of here.

My son John has been very close to the Bollea family for over 6 years.

The boys relationship began over a love of cars. My son was like an older brother to Nick.

Terry and Linda love my son and saw him as a good role model to Nick. They celebrated with us when John left for Marine Boot Camp, and they celebrated with us when he returned home from Iraq. They are like extended family.

Since day one of this nightmare they have been with us physically, emotionally, mentally and financially.

They brought Nick who himself was in pain from his injuries to sit in a stiff hospital chair for hours with the rest of us.

Debbie Graziano said the Bolleas have been at the hospital every day offering comfort, support and food.
They came and faced our family and friends not knowing what response they would get.

They have personally carried in food and supplies not just sending it.

We have cried together, laughed together about our John and his dry hysterical humor, his courage, his love for his family, his generosity.

My son bought me a beautiful car before he left for Iraq so he could know I was driving safely while he was gone and he paid for it with his combat pay.

He is the most naturally cool young man you'd ever meet. His value system is strong, his spirit is strong. He has little tolerance for fuss over anything he has accomplished. He would be angry to know this family was being torn apart in the media by assumptions and down right lies.

Our family has been completely and abundantly blessed by every kind of support from our family, friends and the outreach from the community.

The Bollea's are simply people in this group.

I can not begin to thank our community for how they have carried us on their shoulders from restaurants, dentists, Palm Harbor Elementary school, my son's Marine buddy's who will begin a 2nd tour of duty in Iraq in the fall are here.

Debbie Graziano considers the Bolleas part of her extended family. His best friend Danny, the driver in the other car is , devastated. His other best friend Mike who leaves for Marine boot camp in one week.

My friends, my brother Chris, John's grandparents, John and Catherine, and his Uncle John who all flew down from New York.

The amount of people who are here for John is overwhelming to me. Pastor Peter,who is storming the gates of heaven as he leads us in around the clock prayer for our John.

I thank my saviour Jesus Christ for providing for every need through his people and giving me the peace that passes all human understanding.

After him I want to thank my children who have blessed me from their birth and surrounded me with their love now they are caring for me.

At this point my John would be saying, " Mom, too many words."

So I'll close with this, we are two families who love John, it was a horrific accident.

Nick is experiencing every step in the process with us. His parents are holding him accountable as any good parent would.

Boo Hoo

Pull-a his-a pants-a down-a and-a give-a him-a a public-a spanking-a.

js

Portia De Rosi?

enough already

Whether or not to press charges???????????????? 17 years old, speeding, wreckless driving and the passenger is basically a vegetable. What do they have to wait to see if the guy dies before deciding??????

Jim Wirt

Personally, even though Nick will live with this for the rest of his life I still think he's a spoiled little punk.

smo