LAPD Investigating Orlando

10/16/2007 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Orlando BloomTMZ has learned the LAPD is investigating the car crash involving Orlando Bloom, and cops are still looking at the possibility that he committed hit and run.

The accident occurred just after 2:00 AM Friday, after Bloom left a Hollywood club. The woman in the back seat, prominent fashion stylist Cher Coulter, suffered a fractured neck in the crash. Minutes after leaving the club, Orlando smashed into a parked Porsche, then began walking away from the scene. X17 has video of paparazzi repeatedly urging Bloom to return, which he finally did.

Ironically, as Coulter left the club, before getting in the car, she said to Orlando, "What, are you gonna leave me on the street." Minutes later, that's exactly what he did -- when he walked away.

Detectives tell us Orlando has been interviewed by cops, and he said an SUV with paparazzi cut him off and caused the crash. The LAPD is investigating that as well.

As to why Bloom was not given a field sobriety test, one detective says that even if an officer saw "minor objective symptoms" of intoxication, it's still a subjective judgment call.

The LAPD tells us the investigation is open and active.

We contacted Bloom's rep -- so far, no word back.

boston857

Brit and Orlando would make a cute couple, they are both annoying and covered way too much in the media. I thought he was a good actor in Pirates, but now...don't particularly care one way or the other on this story.

JUDY

TO BE HONEST EVERY ONE MAKE'S MISTAKE'S. IF THE PAPARAZZI'S WASN'T IN EVERY CELEB'S FACE WHEN THERE OUT THEY WOULD NOT HAVE ALL THIS STUPID CRAP THAT'S GOING ON. AND YOU ALL KNOW THAT TO.

Robert

Who is Orlando Bloom?????

Tom Long

If it looks like a duck....

NinjaMunki

How can people give negative comments? No one really knows the whole story yet. You call him loser and say he should marry Brittany, but how can you pass judgement? Haven't YOU ever been in a car wreck? If so, does that make YOU a loser?

Jei

What surprises me is he didn't even see if his passengers were okay right after, he just walked away. Usually it's common sense to ask all involved "Are you okay?" Just goes to show you can be voted one of the hottest guys and still have a prick personality. My respect for him went way down on this one.

Tabitha

You all just need to shut up. You weren't even there so you do not know what happened.You all just belive everything the media says. What a bunch of idiots.

cwynne

Orlando was probably in shock.
Wht would he walk away when evryone knew who he was
If you have ever been in an accident or injured you would know
how that feels.
I was injured in a parking garage a few months ago and drove
out with blood gushing from over my eye. I kept driving that way
though I could hardly see;passing by police and a hospital on
my way home

cwynne

Orlando was probably in shock.
Wht would he walk away when evryone knew who he was
If you have ever been in an accident or injured you would know
how that feels.
I was injured in a parking garage a few months ago and drove
out with blood gushing from over my eye. I kept driving that way
though I could hardly see;passing by police and a hospital on
my way home

Chaz

Just another A..hole liberal.

angels1

Hmm.... Sounds like he didn't care too much about that girl when they left the club or when they had the wreck.
Why didn't the police give him a sobriety check? These celebrities get away with everything. If it were you or me, we'd have gotten one!
If he did ditch her, and ran from the wreck, I am very disappointed in him.

CRAZYLADY999

kill_all_paparazzi has spoken the only true words I've read so far on this Orlando crash. It's really a down right shame that celebs get special treatment from the law for they are no different than you or me. Just cause you've got money doesn't make you any better than anyone else.....might make you better off but that's all. The law should treat everyone and I mean everyone the same. Commit a crime and do the time.......as one famous band once said......"And Justice For All".........I will add............."yeah, right!"
good night

suzana

Bad boy, bad boy,
what you gonna do....

Kimber

Well in some defense and only speculation.......he could've been in a bit of shock himself after the accident. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. I've had patients after crashing their car not remember what happened right after and had been awake and talking right after. Remember up to the accident happening and not remembering right after and coming out of the shock of it all while riding in the ambulance. Could be he panicked at first, who's to say. Might have been dazed and confused and whoever kept following him helped to bring him around to the present tense, LOL

Kim

Crystal

This is sad but he should know better and I love Orlando but that still doesn't give him the right to walk away he should of stayed to help the woman out and report everything even if he had something to drink. Celebs should know not to drink as much or not to leave the scene because of people taking pictures of them. If a 15 year old knows that and is just starting to drive I think a guy in his 20's should know better also.