LAPD Investigating Orlando

10/16/2007 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Orlando BloomTMZ has learned the LAPD is investigating the car crash involving Orlando Bloom, and cops are still looking at the possibility that he committed hit and run.

The accident occurred just after 2:00 AM Friday, after Bloom left a Hollywood club. The woman in the back seat, prominent fashion stylist Cher Coulter, suffered a fractured neck in the crash. Minutes after leaving the club, Orlando smashed into a parked Porsche, then began walking away from the scene. X17 has video of paparazzi repeatedly urging Bloom to return, which he finally did.

Ironically, as Coulter left the club, before getting in the car, she said to Orlando, "What, are you gonna leave me on the street." Minutes later, that's exactly what he did -- when he walked away.

Detectives tell us Orlando has been interviewed by cops, and he said an SUV with paparazzi cut him off and caused the crash. The LAPD is investigating that as well.

As to why Bloom was not given a field sobriety test, one detective says that even if an officer saw "minor objective symptoms" of intoxication, it's still a subjective judgment call.

The LAPD tells us the investigation is open and active.

We contacted Bloom's rep -- so far, no word back.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

givemeabreak

Orlando's a celeb. Does that mean he shouldn't have the same right as the rest of us? You know the one - innocent until proven guilty??

Dennis

This guy is a LO-SER, period! This type of trash, garbage, has been in Hollywierd for eon's. This one is a real idiot to leave an injured person in the back seat and run.........

riverpinecabin@aol.com

LEAVE Orlando ALONE......boo-hoo, boo-hoo

SARS

Poor Orlando. He's one of few celebs who have a big enough head on his shoulders to know to never do anything like that. Get off him, publicists, paprazzi, etc., and leave him alone because we all know that he never did anything wrong.

jmassa1120@aol.com

In the first video of the press hounding him as he was leaving the club, he got in the passenger side . I saw a woman driving. He got in the front. When did he switch ?
He was obviously drunk , it is evident in that 1st clip when he got into a strangers car and would nt shut up. If he sobered up, it was only because that crash sobered him . It's a shame he will get away with it. As did Halle Berry, and Kim Delaney to name a couple.

Michelle

Oh please! He was probably in shock ....and scared...and those feelings compelled him to start to walk away but HE WALKED BACK TO THE CAR!!! It's not like he left the scene altogether! A lot of people have the impulse to "hide" after a collision...come on now!!!

quityourwhining

Way to tell the whole story. He wasn't the one driving. Some other woman was, he was in the passenger seat, and he didn't walk off. He went a few feet and after speaking with the cops he got in the ambulence with the injured woman.

LOU BON

here in la. we need to invest8igate the 3 amigos, nunez, villaragaso and delgadillo.

breh

go legolas!!

Vinyl Cat

He's a damn jerk. There goes the fantasy. Orli, you should be ashamed of yourself.

CE

As long as the Hollywood set and their paps all stay in California, we can keep them quarantined and we can just watch from a distance. Really cheap entertainment!

Lisa

I think a lot of you that are making negative remarks are the same people just using different names. I don't understand why some of you are being so judgmental because if you look at Orlando's track record, he hasn't been the screw up a lot of other celebrities have been. He's great to his fans, he's private, and he doesn't club that much. I've never even seen him lose his temper with the paps. So I think some of you are just being hateful. It's easy to see this was obviously caused by the paps and you can clearly see that Orli isn't drunk. Him getting in that guy’s car was just a matter of him trying to resolve a misunderstanding rather than just have the guy drive off pissed at him for no reason. It might not have been the best thing for him to do, but I believe Orli’s intentions were good. As for him walking, I've been in a car accident before and it leaves you completely stunned. It's like you're aware but unaware at the same time about what's going on almost like your mind is floating in two different places and it takes a bit to settle back to normalcy. Everybody's body reacts differently. With me, I kept pacing. I couldn't keep still and was trembling the whole time while waiting for the cops to arrive. I remember people kept asking me if I were okay and was like "yeah, I'm fine" but I knew I wasn't. Till this day, I couldn't tell you if the people that were asking me that were male, female, short, tall. Someone even handed me some water. I couldn't tell you if the person was a male or female. I was aware, but unaware at the same time. I also witnessed an accident before and I actually saw someone walking pretty much the way Orli was right after the accident and they were dazed. Another passenger from the accident actually had to go over and walk the person back. And the guy was talking and walking completely normal and everything but was just wandering from the scene a bit in shock. It happens. Your mind is not completely focused. Walking a short distance from the scene is not a hit and run.

CRAZYLADY999

MAN THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR.......THIS SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND AND GUESS WHAT?? HE NEVER EVEN MADE THE TV NEWS LET ALONE ALL THIS ATTENTION. JUST GIVE IT A REST EVERYONE.........WHAT ABOUT THOSE DODGERS?

ELI

I agree with no. 103 (Cherie) above.

If this goes to court, the defense will plead shock, Orlando not knowing what was going on around him. I too have been in an auto accident, and it took a long time before I could stop shaking.

Orlando is a good guy!