Ellen Cancels Taping

10/18/2007 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen DeGeneresEllen DeGeneres has canceled the taping of her show today.

This comes days after an emotional week for Ellen, who broke down in tears on Tuesday's show, as she recalled how Iggy the dog was ripped away from her hairstylist's home by a rescue organization.

The show issued this statement: "Ellen is taking a long weekend and will be back with a new show on Tuesday."

We're told that Ellen's producers asked country crooner Keith Urban -- who was previously scheduled to appear on the show -- to perform for audience members who had already arrived for the taping, not knowing it was canceled.

Jim Beam

I hope someone b*i*h slaps her the next time she starts to bawl. Get over it--come on, be a MAN.

Stephanie P.

Ruby should get Iggy back. Isn't the point of an adoption agency to find the animal a loving family. Thats what Iggy had, so lets make this right and stop fighting over the legality issues.

Enough is Enough

Ellen is a wonderful person, she donates to alot of charities and to animal shelters. She doesn't need to be blasted like some are. Some of you are cold hearted to attack her like this. She does not deserve it. The adoption agency went a little on over the deep end on this one, not Ellen........

bigcat

all of this for a dog that is in a good home already ellen is a big joke she lost it

Mel B.

I just have to 'say' this - First I LOVE Ellen and her show - and I have watched almost every day since her show started and IF my memory serves me - I can remember 3 dogs that she adopted and 'got rid of'. The last time this happened I thought to myself that she maybe shouldn't have anymore (than what she has now) animals. NOW I know she loves them.
I have worked with a dog rescue organization and actual rescues before. This is typical rhetoric in an adoption agreement. IF the animal does not work out in the house, it SHOULD go back to the original adoption organization. This is only to provide the correct care for the animal(s). She should have gone back to the original organization and told them about the other people that were interested in the dog. It's sad, yes. But I do think the organization did the right thing. Ellen should have known this because she has adopted animals in the past.
On the 'rescue' end - I have seen what mistreated animals look like and it ain't purdy !!! I have an adopted animal myself.

Voice of reality

After showing off the dog earlier, she knew it would look bad if she took the dog back claiming that it couldn't get along with her cats. She thought she could quietly sweep things under the rug by giving the dog away but she knowingly violated the terms of her agreement and the dog should have been returned. The real story is that she is so egotistical that she can't admit that she has an unsuitable environment for a dog to live in. That should have been obvious even before the adoption occurred.

jusbcos

I love Ellen but the total melt down seems a little staged to me, and shutting down production give me a break, I'd rather think this is just an over the top act, than think she is losing it over a dog that went to someone other than whom she picked loving home

Karen

Dang it! Wasn't Jake Gyllenhaal supposed to be on today?

kim

I love animals and I think what happened was hideous but come on - she needs to get a real life if this was so bad she had to take time off work =( There are to many real and valid problems in this world other than this. The kids only had the dog a short time so they couldnt have gotten that attached. Just buy them another dog for Petes sake!

ColinFarrelIisHot

To #8: oh please...The shelter didn't have to handle it they way they did. For one they shouldn't have threatened Ellen with the media. 2. They could have inspected the home and let the people keep the dog. The home looked perfect for the dog from what we saw on the video. Instead they stormed in the home under the guise of doing a home inspection and acted like some loony control freaks and confiscated the dog so they could get more money from it again. If they had thought this out more they could have gotten a celebrity endorsement. Instead they threatened a major star and got exposed for what they are. If their business fails it's their own fault. you reap what you sow.

London not England

GOOD LORD......WHITE FOLKS AND THEIR ANIMALS.......
I GUESS MIKE VIC IS GOING TO SWING, CAUSE YA'LL TAKE THIS ANIMAL CRAP WAAAAAAAAAAY TOO SERIOUSLY......

Britney loves OJ

Iggy really wants to live with OJ!

Mark

My heart aches for Ellen, Anyone who love animals knows.

Jualt

I admire the humanity shown by Ellen in this situation. If the adoption agency's concern was to find the animal a good home, then it should have allowed the dog to stay with the girl on a trial basis at least... I admire Ellen for seeking to do something good in our world.

someday

if ellen's people read this.....
she is destroying a rescue organization....
people who VOLUNTEER their time, effort, money to help homeless animals.
give them a break people.
ellen was out of line speaking publicly.....that dog will find a good home, her hairdresser can find another dog....it is not the end of the world for her hairdresser's kids.....
but it could mean the end for 2 women who are finding alot of animals for tossed to the curb animals.
ellen needs to make this situation right, and it is not in her interest to follow the pattern she has set forth.
honest to god, she doesn't need to be the next rosie o'donnell and turn people off to her....i have always thought ellen as brave, talented, however, with this tirade her appeal is fading