T.I. to Judge: Let Me Out!

10/19/2007 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A judge has just denied T.I. any immediate release on bond, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. He will remain in jail on weapons charges for at least another week.

Lawyers for rapper T.I. asked a federal judge to release him on $2.2 million bond and allow him to have monitored home confinement while he awaits trial on weapons charges.

His defense attorney even suggested putting someone in T.I.'s home 24 hours a day so they can monitor his activities. Do not disturb!

27-year-old T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, would also have to submit to electronic monitoring. Only visitors on a pre-approved list would be able to enter the house. He would also have to surrender his passport and his right to drive, and must submit to random searches of his house and random drug tests.

We're told several record company execs, including some from his label, Atlantic Records, were seated in the courtroom for today's hearing. Court officials told the AP that the label bigwigs said they were prepared to help bail him out if necessary.

Prosecutors claim T.I. is a flight risk and a danger to the community because of his past criminal history and because he was arrested while allegedly trying to buy machine guns and silencers.

T.I. was arrested last weekend, after Feds say he tried to have his bodyguard purchase machine guns and silencers for him. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.

Raidr_chika

FiRsT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

Free TI...He is not a bad rapper. Just tryin to take care of his family...

robbyrob

this is some BS man!! they are always trying to bring someone successful down!!

Only swim in the Ocean

I am sure his parents are very proud. Listen kids, quit listening to Rap, work hard and you might make something out of life. It's just a thought.

Regards

USN RETIRED

This is EXACTLY the kind of KID " BILL COSBY " is talking about, uneducated,No language skills,street wise ass that needs to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around him!!!

jen

what a dumass he is T.I what the hell was he thinking buying gun? their u go back to jail were all those thugs belong...i loved him and his music but he disapointed manny of us wit this:-(((

Twist

I feel soooooooo bad 4 him, I wish him the best, and his wife...
This celebs shld know that everyone and anyone is watching 4 them 2 make the wrong move.....bld them up 2 knock them down(its a Game)don't Play....

gangsta

Leave T.I. alone. It is bad enough without you hatin'. And he problem has enough money to buy three of you broke individuals.

Democrats are evil

ARRESTED for the purchase and attempted purchase of machine guns and silencers. This guy is a proven criminal and if left free to roam, someone living would soon be deceased without a doubt. I admit it. I am a racist. I think that all black rappers who use profanity and violent words in their recordings are dangerous. Criminal behavior is the foundation of a personality. A personality that is intent on never changing. Rot in Hell T.I.

Raidr_chika

#6 thats not his wife there not married, and didnt you guys here that she got arrested to for having dugs on her!!! they were saying that on the radio

hugh

THE BASTARD BROKE THE LAW AND GOT BUSTED, AND HIS SO CALL HOME- BOY SET HIS ASS UP. SOMEBDY SHOULD THANK THE FEDS. THEY MIGHT HAVE SAVE A LOT OF LIVES. NOW HE CAN BE KING OF THE JOINT. I JUST HOPE HE GOT PLENTY OF LUB

valerieD

What a thug! It just goes to show you it really doesn't matter how much money you have or how much you make if you do the wrong thing you're going to pay for it! TI and his co-rappers are bring their people down to a new low in their history! Africian Americans should listen to Bill Cosby and learn some values and not rappers like TI. They are THUGS!

O.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

1 more thing

The things you find out.
When they arrested him he had a 1/2 lb of Marijuana in his car as well as 3 guns.

Can't he leave "that life" alone.

Once you are rich and famous - you don't have anything else to prove to people.
Do your community work - but you HAVE TO stop the crazy gangsta life.

You can't be a gangsta at the next level...and anything else will pull you right back down.
You have to let it go.... So here is another lesson on KEEPING IT REAL;

LET IT GO! MOVE ONE... KEEPING IT REAL --- is just that...REALLY in JAIL and REALLY BROKE.

LL