Lil' Wayne a No-Show at High School Performance

10/22/2007 1:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lil' Wayne was set to perform at a North Carolina high school last night, but failed to show up -- leaving an auditorium of kids without a show. Lil' a-hole!

The concert was originally canceled last month, after the New Hanover County School Board pulled the plug -- citing safety concerns.

Perhaps they were reminded of the chaos at a 2006 Morgan State University show where the rapper "made it rain" by throwing money into the crowd -- resulting in two lawsuits from injuries sustained while people scrambled for the cash.

Wayne's concert promoter filed a lawsuit for breach of contract over the cancellation, but an agreement was reached, allowing the rapper to perform if extra security were provided at the New Hanover High School's Brogden Hall.

Last night, as the 4,000 seat auditorium was sparsely filled, it was rumored that Wayne called it off because not enough people showed. At the moment, there have been no refunds given to his disappointed fans, according to wwaytv.com.

Wayne was arrested earlier this month in Idaho on felony fugitive charges, after a warrant was issued for his arrest on a felony drug possession charge in Fulton County, Georgia.

A call to his rep has not been returned.

asdfghjkl;

wow. just makes me wonder.

seriously. look where tupac and biggie got themselves, then theres these most recent ones......who is next, well, we can only wait and see

Tangie

Diana! Stupidest woman alive!

College Grad

I'm not sure what planet some of you posting on here live on...WHO IS LIL WAYNE? ARE YOU SERIOUS. My bad you must be the faithful CMT watchers cause anyone who at least watches VH1 or MTV knows who he is. And if you don't know or care about him why even take the time to read and post about the story nimrods! Go Away and go listen to Hanna Montana or the whatever it is you listen to. And to "Spurs" if anybody could do it, then you would be a millionaire also not on TMZ commenting about one, and oh yeah he does play an instrument....HE PLAYS THE GUITAR...=)

TheTruthBeToldAnOnlineNameAintWorthFightingOver

I wanted to comment on this then realised the bulk of these posts beat me to it.

TheTruthBeToldAnOnlineNameAintWorthFightingOver

Losers...Both Li'l Wayne and the school district...

nika

for those of you who dont know who he is, he is someone that has more money than you will ever see in your life! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
therefore, i dont think he cares whether or not you know him,lol

Spurs

2 Sides of Every Story

The reason I don't do it is because I don't want to and the reason I don't want to is because I don't like that type of entertainment. That is my choice, just as it is yours to like it. It doesn't mean that I should be slammed because of how I feel. Good for him if he can play an instument. Most don't. Oh, and by the way, the main reason that people are commenting on him is not because of his music. It is because he did not show for a concert and also that people do not feel that he is a good role model for young kids, due to his criminal past, so, AS YOU SO ELEQUENTLY PUT IT. there are two sides to every story. Not just yours.

WWC CKS

Please tell me this is not our future.
Kids who look up to this kind of rude representation will be filling
our prisons to the point of no return.
Year 2030 poputation;
325,000,000 prisoners
500,000 prison guards!!!
Help!!!

DARK MEAT ONLY

Hello People,

Black people don't have nordic noses. I am not amused with the comments made about
African Americans noses. My initial recolation was DiONNE WARWICK. The comments range from her money is in her nostrils to small aninmals dwell within her nasal cavitiy.
There seems to be a sacastic element that goes beyond humor as it relates to BLACKS.on TMz.
it is beyond old.

Ed in Wilmington

I don't think it was a school district sanctioned event. I think the promoter rented the space.

DA's leak

I've been reading these posts and sadly, it comes as no surprise to me that, based on the consensus here, it should be no surprise that the average black youth feels either hostile towards, or alienated from, your average white person. I honestly think that most of you guys just saw the word rapper and went into "Fear of a black planet" mode, which is what you ALL tend to do at some point or another in your day to day lives.

Again, you should be thankful that political power in this country isnt decided in a boxing ring or on a gridiron.

Alia

Its sad to see how racist you ppl of TMZ are. To make comments on how big his nose is just plain stupid.. And I bet he could buy and sell a couple of the ppl on here making those ignorant comments like he is a criminal. He raps about the life he had to live to get out of selling dope. At least he still doesnt do it like your sweethearts Lindsey and Brit Brit huh? Those crackheaded whores could do anything and you ppl would let them slide right? At least he has talent, even if you dont enjoy his music, a lot of America does. So maybe you shouldnt be so quick to judge someone before you really know the true story.. Unfortunately he isnt white, so he wont get much media over this way on TMZ

College Grad

To A BIG NOSE SINGER TOO, you couldn't be more right, but i've noticed that its every story about somebody African American. Every discussion goes to racist comments. TMZ should change their name to The Home of Racism, cause it clearly vactions here on this website and others like Perez Hilton.

DA's leak

#49 if you're going to shout make sure you spell your words right. E-L-O-Q-U-E-N-T-L-Y.

Alia

I wish my comments would show up.. I think that if you talk about white people tmz will delete your post.... hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments