Dog Begs for The Rev

10/31/2007 7:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DOG CHAPMAN, AL SHARPTONTMZ has learned that Dog the Bounty Hunter has already contacted Rev. Al Sharpton, hoping to explain the racist telephone call Dog made to his son.

We're told The Rev, who is currently preaching in Daytona Beach, Fla., and hasn't heard the tape, is considering having a dialog with Chapman, but will not make his decision until he has a chance to listen.

UPDATE: TMZ has received the following statement from The Rev:
"Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network and the organization's Decency Initiative are unequivocally against the use of the "N" word in any context. While people have the freedom to express themselves in any matter in private, when those private conversations become public, it becomes our responsibility to state, as we always have, that we condemn the use of this word as racist and derogatory. Dog the Bounty Hunter has reached out to Reverend Sharpton who is traveling to promote his March on the U.S. Justice Department on November 16th against Hate Crimes and Racial Attacks and therefore Rev. Sharpton has not had a chance to hear the audio of the remarks. However, until he does hear the audio, National Action Network maintains that is against the use of the "N" word."

Story developing ...

chris

Who cares what Dog said, big deal everyone talks like that, he didn't do anything wrong. Go dog go.

Yes I Said It

I love it when an undercover racist gets busted.

I know you fellow racists hate when one of your own gets busted like this, but i LOVE IT!!

This is america 2007. Theres no room for this kind of thinking .

Gerry

Yo can anyone tell me if this is really Britney Spears nude in the window? I heard about this on youtube, go to this site http://www.cpaclicks.com/contextual.asp?a=2989&b=22018&d=0&l=0&o=&p=0
fill in any information so the form submits, and look on the bottom left hand side, is that her? If so I don't see why she would be on this window site...?? reply back if its her, looks hot, i think it is her...

here's a thought

I was never interested in him anyway. I didn't even know he had a show and if I did I wouldn't be the least bit interested in watching it. Everyone already knew he was trash. This is news why?

Edward

Since when is Sharpton the patron saint of black people? Did we forget how he came into the national spotlight? I haven't heard the tape, but Dog will learn his lesson through his bank account.

Fat & ugly Sharpton is the ultimate low IQ low class STD ridden racist - a perfect Hillary liberal democrat!

More of us should date black women since the men can't keep up ... I do my part.

Yes I Said It

# 24 Chris, you're a racist pig.

I hope you get hit by a car or something, you hateful jerk !!

buzzbomber

bad dog! stick your nose in your pooh!

22 - you are the ultimate racist rapper - go Dog go - once fat Al Sharpton & STD Orenthal are locked up - that is what matters.

sam

Milessa go to a Brtt site, My God does that train wrecks life have to follow us everywhere?

Dog is a racist mutt!

I don't think he's a bad guy and believe that he has done much to redeem himself in society, but if there is one thing that will sink Dog, it will be an uncut view of his white trash side. What did he say anyway? Not saying that he is one, but I don't think a lot of people would be too surprised if he is a Slimy Racist down deep inside! Mullets and Holy Roller types Always make me nervous though!

niki

Wtf, does he think running to al sharpton for help is going to change what he said? Dont think so. Besides who is Al Sharpton to speak on behalf of all african americans. The damage is done and there is nothing he can do about it.

chris

I love when white people talk like that

who dat

F**K sharpton. He is nothing more then an opportunist. An extortionist who always uses race to extort money, one way or the other. When he, and people like him are gone, the world will be a better place. btw- I think Dog is a douchebag. I never bought his act.

Boo Hoo

12. He should not have used that word. However, people who are typing their comments and acting as if they are holier than Dog are all hypocrites! Every person has used some type of stereotype or not liked something about a race at one point or another in their lives.

Posted at 6:37PM on Oct 31st 2007 by Demi
+++++++++++++++++++++
Speak for yourself. I have never made racist comments like that and sure as h*ll would not encourage my children to speak or think like that. It is just wrong pure and simple. And even if most people make comments like that they should be held accountable for their actions. Racism will never go away when people think, speak and teach thoughts like Duane Chapman did. He said they use the "N" word alll the time. That speaks volumes. Think how his kids will grow up. He has to take responsibility.