T-Pain Is in T-rouble!

11/2/2007 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper T-Pain, whose song "Kiss Kiss" with Chris Brown currently tops the charts, was arrested Friday morning in Florida on outstanding warrants.

According to the Tallahassee, Fla. Police Department, the rapper was in town to perform at an event in June when cops saw the rapper driving. After running his record, it was discovered that he had a suspended license, so they issued a warrant for his arrest. He turned himself to the Leon County Jail this morning.

24-year-old T-Pain, whose real name is Faheem Najm, was reportedly charged with driving on a suspended license. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance.

UPDATE: A spokesperson from Jive Records issued this statement: "T-Pain was given a few traffic tickets several years ago for minor infractions (speeding ticket, running a stop sign, failure to pay etc.). These were mistakes that Pain made as a young man that just received his driver's license. He did not have the money nor the knowledge at the time to take care of them. The "arrest" this morning was him voluntarily turning himself in. It was scheduled with our local attorney and coordinated with the jail. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance within a few hours. He is in transit to his show tonight at the University of South Florida in Tampa and will not miss any scheduled engagements."

how dumb

Hey JaimeNTexas:

Thanks for the info.. I will have to look that up. What a shocker...

I loved your response about T-Pain dancing around so he can't be a thug! I will admit.. I do not like hard-core rap, and I really don't like the "gangsta" style... I am more of a hard rock lover. But that's why I love T-Pain.... he's so damn cute with his big froggy eyes.. and the way he dances and laughs in the videos... it is so NOT THUGGISH! I love his style and I would never attribute it to being "thuggish"

Really.. if anyone thinks T-Pain is a thug.. check out his music and his videos. You really would change your mind... he's like.. so fun in his videos.... I don't know how to explain it. He also exhibits a lot of sexiness too......:O)

tired of cry baby

what is so freaking hard about getting and keeping a drivers licence ? i guess if rappers stayed in school until they graduate. then they would learn stuff like that since there fathers are all in prison!!

LoverGirl

Comment #14 has me LMAO! So dumb I can't even say anything else.

LoverGirl

Ya'll crack me up. Such naive souls. Yeah, ONLY RAPPERS get in trouble. It is so thugish and gangsta to drive with a suspended license... BWAHHHHHH!

LoverGirl

JamieNTexas..... Good Life is my song!

what ?

who ? lol

what ?

who ? lol

R.Zimmerman

I can see why he changed his name to T-Pain.

LoverGirl

Tired of cry baby's.... If you stayed in school you'd know sentences begin with capital letters. You'd also know that you don't randomly insert periods in mid sentence and/or you'd know how to create a complete sentence instead of this incomplete mess:

"i guess if rappers stayed in school until they graduate"

You needed to finish that thought or remove your period...LMAO! Oh yeah, and they also offer spelling and grammar in school. I am going to help you out. It would be "their fathers" not "there." Also license is spelled "license" not "licence." I suppose you don't have one so that's why you can't spell it. Enroll in classes today! I wish you luck!

Jay

This is funny with all the things that are going on in the city. They saw him driving said lets stop him and check his record. Good thing we got him off these streets. We got people that kill and rape and rob but they can wait. We got this guy with a suspened license. He might do something crazy.............. This is crazy

OCD

To JaimeNTexas

O.K. I checked T-Pain out. He's not the type rapper that makes my hair fall out.

I truly like his voice. I was boppin' there!

You win. I do, however, have my limits. I ain't gonna be "jammin' up the po-po" or doing any "slappin'", but I'll listen to that.

Rod

As long as he is still performing in T-town tonite, that's all that matters. I wasn't feeling him at first but when he started preaching on the "I'm a flirt" song, I had to give him his props. He does have those elements of Roger Troutman but he ain't Rog. But the boy does have a hook and hopefully thats the last we hear of him in a negative light.

R.Zimmerman

BTW Hey, #39, your English language skills could use a bit of work, too. I believe you meant "cry babies". You do not form the plural with an apostrophe. Also, remember to put in that comma at the end of the dependent clause "If you stayed in school". The tense and mood of the verb there is a bit dicey, but let's not nit-pick.

The South - THUGLANTA

To "I'm Jus Sayin":

I didn't say anything about the crazy people in LA; we all know that LA is what it is. I'm talking about the state of crisis in THUGlanta, and it has EVERYTHING to do with being a black issue.

Nicole

I guess Britney is a worthless thug too since she drove without a license for over a year.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments