Copperfield Secret Document

How to Pick Up Chicks

11/5/2007 7:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained portions of a secret document from David Copperfield's shows, outlining in extreme detail how the magician's assistants were supposed to rope in the women that David found attractive -- and hold their boyfriends and husbands at bay.

David Copperfield
The document, titled "Show Participation," requires the people who work David's shows to arm themselves with clipboards, a Polaroid camera, a digital camera, brochures of David's islands in the Bahamas and "Blank photo(s) of David (if one of the girls is a scorpion)." "Scorpion" refers to women David brings onstage as part of his act.

The document describes how the assistants need to be heads-up for attractive women whom David can meet backstage after the performance. We're told the plan is to keep boyfriends and husband in the arena, adding "from time to time, boyfriends and husbands will give us a hard time and refuse to stay. If that is the case, try your best to get them to stay and refer to the "What to Say" sheet for help."

And it gets creepier.

According to the document, "On occasion David will have you pull in both scorpions even if he is only interested in one of them, just for comfort."

But wait -- it gets worse. The assistants are told to sell the women before David arrives backstage. They're supposed to say: "Do you know that David has recently bought some islands in the Bahamas? Well they are BEAUTIFUL and we are doing a lot of project (sic) for these islands: Ads, TV, Radio and many other promotions. So we like (sic) to keep in touch with you in case there is a job in the future we think you would be interested in."

According to the document, the women are then supposed to fill out a questionnaire -- "Where are you from... What hotel are you staying in. How long are you in town. Who did you come to the show with? Husband? Boyfriend? Friend?"

And then there's the threatening letter David's lawyer sent to David's employees -- after the investigation was revealed -- telling them they had a duty never to talk about what David was really doing at his show. The plot thickens.

David has been under investigation, after a woman who was in the audience claims he flew her to the Bahamas and allegedly raped her. He denies it.

SuperStarSteve

I'll never walk into another Vegas magic show again knowing what I know now....either that or I'll ditch the husband and run after showhands with clipboards.

JOrdyn

Four Words:

Target Of The Moment!

mark

He has mental issues. Maybe he can disappear in a cloud of Seroquel.

Rustyvain

Okay clearly he was a nerd in school now add a few zillion dollars and poof off comes the panties.
he creeps the B-Jesus out of me.

Paul Beardmore

Whats the big deal? What's wrong with having employees locate attractive women to be a part of his show, and to come back stage to meet him? If I were as famous as him, I would do the same thing! Its the American way -

ralphie

simple folk, he made is *unit* dissappear and know he needs trickery to perform is *magic*. Poor guy

JB

Geez... can you say David COP-A-FEEL?

Gossamer

Really pathetic...... I'd have more respect for him if he just dropped some GHB in a gal's drink.

anduradouche

Creepy and sick, WHY I wonder? How come these women did NOT show up before???????? Attention? 15 minutes?

Zelda McCorville

I'd love to gave David Copperfield on The Zelda McCorville Show sometime. Does he play, Hide The Salami? Can you blame the guy for thinking with his little brain?

Kara

I know this smooth operator IS GUILTY..He looks evil and he knows he can get away with just about anything so why not..His life is like a fairytale and he s BORED so why not try a little RAPE and KIDNAPPING..WHY?? Becaues He can almost get away with whatever HE Feels like doing..After all who would believe a woman?? WRONG..Check out his EYES..He s spooky and strange

Johnny

No matter what the investigation yields, charges filed or not, this will haunt him for the rest of his life. His epitaph is written. He's done.

Kara

GUILTY and very strange...Sick yuck..He s really weird...I hope he gets nailed and EXPOSED 4 who he really is....You cant judge a book by its cover..He comes off Rich, Respectable blah blah....I wonder what else hes been up to all these years...HES A FREAK

cartwheel

@185: you're wrong. the media's sensationalizing this in the absence of real news.

he's loaded and well-connected and will remain relatively unaffected.

skymagic

First of all those names in the contract refer to specific roles the audience playes in the tricks. Scorpions refer to the two ladies he picks to help him out with a trick using... wait for it..,a scorpion.

What he is reported of doing with this contract and such - I know that hundreds of other performers do the same type of thing, we just havn't seen the papers. I wish I could make every guy I meet fill out one of these forms so I would know what I was getting into. If this was such a bad thing...don't you think it would have been talked about before now. Everyone who comes forward with a "creepy" story just wants their 15 min of fame at someone else's expense.

I have talked to David many many times after the shows as well as his assistants. They, including David, have been nothing but nice to me. He can't go into a bar and say "want to see a magic trick?" He is human and if this is how he meets women so be it. It takes two to tango so if you don't want to fill out the form...then don't! No one is forcing you. So maybe he finds women in a strange way and maybe he invites them to his island for something other than a picnic...who cares. But as far as raping someone...NEVER, IT IS NOT LIKE HIM!!

Be mad at the people who leaked his name out before he was ever charged for anything! No matter how this all turns out, the public only remembers the bad press and that is not fair. What happened to innocent till proven guilty?