Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home

11/12/2007 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

Maggie

I absolutely agree that she should NEVER have proceeded with the surgery without clearance from someone who had her best interests at heart, and BELIEVE ME, I think that was the stupidest waste of a human life, but what about the IDIOT who decided her health risks just weren't that important to consider when performing a surgery?

tmzer

I hear another rapping in the making!!

i love blogs

I cant believe what I am reading, she did not O.D. on KFC, that was very ignorant and I will pray for your forgiveness, God dont like ugly!!! There are some rude and insensitive baztards posting comments on her untimely death. How would you like it if someone was making these types of statements about your mother? Cause of death is not relevant in a time of mourning; let Kanye mourn his mothers death and you guys need to shut up and have a heart. You make me ashamed to be an american!!! Insensitive, calice, evil doers!!!! May God forgive you for your cold and ignorant statements!!!

I am poster 58

I wonder if Kanye will praise the lord like he normally does. God says NO to cosmetic surgery. While he was flashing his richness, she passed away.

death on a cracker

oh how sad..... :( here is the 911 recording. she sounds so sweet :(

FABIO

I once had a piece of KFC stuck in my throat too.

I choked so hard I thought that I was going to die.

Sad if that's what happened to her.

Dog Chapman

I Hate them!

death on a cracker

he makes a rap about her and FINALLY wins an award... something he could have never done on his own... way to go Kanye, way to take a tragedy and turn it into money...

boooooo!!!!!

Jen

#12 - It's called freedom of speech, and everyone is entitled to it - good taste or bad. That being said, it doesn't bother you that she was told by another physician NOT to have the surgery, but did it anyway. You can't blame the new doctor, she may not have told him what the other doctor had told her. Although, you have to wonder, if she was having "multiple" procedures, why was she at home so soon after? Everything must have been OK when she left the surgeon's office...it's sad, but could have been totally avoided.

I am poster 58

And the moral of the story is....don't do cosmetic surgery. Stay natural the way god wanted you to look.

K

#13...shut your pie hole and let others make their comments. Stay off this board if you don't want to read what others have to say you idiot!

Maggie

#20 - JC

Ah, I don't believe I was talking about freedom of speech ... in fact it has nothing to do with anything I said, so I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused.

I'm saying that Dr. West's death was a tragedy and that there were (if the reports are correct) many points along the way where the whole process could have been stopped, either by Dr. West or other people involved in her medical procedures.

Oh boy

I am so sorry to hear that she died. My heartfelt sympathies to her family. This will be one of the hardest part in her childrens lives. Outside of losing a child, losing a mother is one of the hardest things we go thru.

Brute_Spooner

#24 It's usually if front of your church.

Jerry Bazan

DIDN'T THE FAMILY ASK FOR PRIVACY? WHY IS TMZ STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS. THIS IS A PERSONAL MATTER WITH KW'S MOTHER NOT HIM. LET THEM MOURN IN PEACE AND WITHOUT THE MEDIA DOING A PLAY BY PLAY OF EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED. NO WONDER EVERYONE HATES THE TABLOID MEDIA. THEY NEED TO DRAW THE LINE SOMEWHERE. IT IS ONE THING TO STALK BRITTANY AND PARIS BECAUSE THEY LIKE THAT BUT IT IS ANOTHER TO OBSESS OVER SOMEONES DEATH. VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!