Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home

11/12/2007 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

Erika Reed

this is sad news Kanye You will get thought this you got to take it one day at a time I lost my mom when I was20 and am still taking it a day at a time and am28 now just rememeber the good time with your mom.

K

#31...go to hell. I had a doctor in my family....who the hell cares about having a DR before your first name you moron! I'm sure lots of people on here would love to come and get some from you...

FABIO

Life is all about choices, and she obviously made a bad one.

This is no different from someone who overdoses on drugs or a wrestler who abuses them.

She has no one to blame but herself.

midnight caller

It's awful. But he's not blameless in this. Using his muscle all this time harking after the Great White Bigot instead of his dear mother's failing health. That goofy N word crusade and other silliness has to end black folks. And focus your inertia on what's really making you disappear. Astonishing rates of incarceration, propensities for drug addiction, stranger on stranger conflict, and shocking pre-mature death. And don't send me a bunch of dumb hate mail. I don't read it...

Taytay

so sad to hear about your Mom Kanye...turn to your music in your time of need. Your are in your fans hearts and prayers

puppy balls rock

oh please have been one of them vietnamese butchers. please..... i hate to hear how it's 'whities' fault allll over again............ bleh...

chas

This is news?

Slow day...

Maggie

"Turn to your music in your time of need" translates to "I'm tired of all the stuff I'm listening to right now, could you not waste a lot of time on mourning your dead mom and get back in the studio?"

Wow, you're pretty mean!

Congratulations

I usually tune out when I see anything written about Kanye West, but his mother's passing is so very sad. She was his defender, his supporter and his biggest fan, and anyone with a great mom can understand the pain in his loss. My thoughts are with him and his fiance and family.

kim

i think mtv should pay for this too

Diego

At least this has (temporarily) pushed Britney off of TMZ. Way to take one for the team Mrs. West.

Skeeter

The comments in here are some of the funniest comments I have ever seen in here. Everyone's on a roll.

DA's leak

"that which does not kill me, can only make me stronger"

Kanye West from "Stronger"

ragdoll

this reminds me of the basketball player that had a heart condition some ten years ago, I think he played for the celtics. He had a dream team of doctors telling him to stop playing or you will die. He found some other doctor to say he was fine. Three weeks later......dead. If a doctor says basically "I dont want to make money off you because you may die on me" like the first doctor did, believe him. and for the right price people will do anything. so dont be surprised she found a doctor willing to put her under the knife. For such a smart woman, this was totally retarded. I bet the doc that did do the operation covered his ass with a multitude of waivers stating he was not liable if she did die.

equal opportunity offender

Please post the name of the dr and place that killed her so they can go down.

ok, Dr. Donda West....

thats who you wanted right? the name of the person who's fault this is?

she has no one to blame but herself.. she KNEW she had problems... she knew.