Donda's Doctor's "Frightening" History

11/13/2007 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Jan Adams is a Discovery Channel regular -- with the channel's website containing videos of him describing how "frighteningly short" recovery for some of his medical procedures can be. Well, we know that!

Donda West chose Adams, who has several DUIs on his record, to perform a tummy tuck and breast reduction last week -- she did not survive it. Frightening indeed.

JENNIFER ANNISTON LITE

YOU ARE HELPING TO RUIN HIS REPUTATION!

WAIT FOR THE AUTOPSY RESULTS.

THIS MAN PROBABLY HAS A MORTGAGE AND KIDS IN SCHOOL AND YOU ARE DISPARAGING HIM AND HURTING HIS LIVELY HOOD!!

WAIT FOR THE AUTOPSY!

chicago's wonder.woman

here we go....

9inch

Hey Doc.... do you think you could operate on Rosie this week?

How much for a full body suck and tuck?

Do you charge by the pound or the hour?

FABIO

Yes, I agree.

TMZ: STOP THIS CHARACTER ASASINATION NOW PLEASE!!

omofmom

I'm important look at me!!

I've been on Oprah. I am important look at me!!!

I work in Beverly Hills. I am important look at me!!!

I have famous clients. I am important look at me!!!

Oops I'm in jail. I am important look at me!!!

Oh no I just lost my house. I am important look at me!!

I called Oprah for help. She refused my call. But I am important LOOK at me!!

totellthetruthiseverything

Check out all the negative comments regarding this plastic surgeon:
Lawsuits, malpractice, etc., etc., etc.
Then, judge for yourself...If he is qualified to do be a practicing doctor/surgeon.

lisalisatheoneiadore

my condolencses to the family for their loss.
however, tmz, wasn't she told NOT to have surgery & then she went & had it anyway?
how is that not her own fault?
maybe it is a corrupt doctor but if you are made aware of the risks of a procedure & do it anyway, you have to accept responsibility for that.

MK

HARVEY LEVIN IS A CAREER-ENDING PIG WITH NO MORALS.

SHAME ON TMZ.

Your'e Fired!

STOP STOP STOP......And this is coming from a 52 yr old, white women!
"These" procedures, as with ANY surgery have RISKS! That's why a waiver IS signed. This could have happened with ANY other doctor as well. STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!
Let's ALL wait, and see what the medical report......REPORTS!!!!!!
Quit trying to be JUDGE and Juror.......You POISON enough with your DULL WIT, trying to line your pockets at the expense of others.....Shame on YOU! HIV has gone to your brain!

Wicked

Leave this man alone until you truly know the facts. Dr. West, may she RIP, elected to have this surgery, neglected to get checked out. Crap happens. Not everyone survives the operating table even with the most skilled physician.

I've changed my mind about elective surgery and will never do it....ever.

JaimeNTexas

1. TMZ, YOU HAVE TRIED AND CONVICTED THIS DOCTOR IN A MATTER OF HOURS THIS MORNING.

YOU ARE HELPING TO RUIN HIS REPUTATION!

WAIT FOR THE AUTOPSY RESULTS.

WAIT FOR THE AUTOPSY!

Posted at 11:50AM on Nov 13th 2007 by wtf

You know what, you are right. Because the more I read, the more incensed I became. Just cause as children we could would break ourselves finding out what the hell was happening if this is the case. There would be no end to my investigations of Dr Jan Adams if this had been my mother. Regardless of being on Oprah or not. I got caught up in the emotion of it all...MY BAD ...LOL TMZ is the Devil...

Leslie

EVERYONE IS LOOKING TO POINT FINGERS. NO ONE FORCED HER TO HAVE SURGERY. INDEED I FEEL FOR THE FAMILY AND THEIR LOSS. HOWEVER, THIS DOCTOR IS BEING RAKED OVER THE COALS.

ww

All I want to know is WHY did she go home & not to a recovery place? Why didn't Dr. Death send her to a recovery place to recover, instead of home after an 8 hour surgery with no one to help her? I hope Kayne doesn' t do anything too crazy ( at least I hope he doesn't get caught!)

Insert comical name here

I think we get the picture, please can you move on to other stories. I absolutely hate the way some themes are pound into a very fine dust on this site. Enough is enough.

Sillyme

She should have gone to the other doctor and made sure she was healthy enough to survive this surgery, and the doctor she choose was of the highest caliber to do it. I have said it before and I will say it again. Any and all Surgery can be dangerous. With the risk of the not-so-uncommon and tragic consequences, such as, embolisms, pulmonary edema, paralysis, blindness, blood poisoning and even death, why do so many women- young and old-still choose to do it?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments