Dr. Adams' GF Gets Restraining Order

11/13/2007 4:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained documents filed by Dr. Jan Adams' ex-girlfriend, claiming alcohol brings out his "Jekyll and Hyde" personality.

The papers, filed in L.A. County Superior Court in 2002 by Deborah Pratt, seek a restraining order, claiming, "Defendant has an unfortunate drinking problem and unless restrained immediately, will assert the worst side of his 'Jekyll and Hyde' personality when he is intoxicated."

She goes on, "Defendant is very attached to my children and he has been abusive when intoxicated in their presence, so he must stay away from them, also.'

She claims that on occasion he burst into her home, threatened and chased her in his car. Dr. Adams filed papers denying the allegations. The judge granted the restraining order.

iagreewithu

yall r making this a racist issue...come on some one died here!

prettyeyes

brendalicious

Wow people have turned this into a racial issue. If it had been a Caucasian doctor, would race still be an issue? I don't think that those of you ignorant people who are being racist should evne bring the issue up, NEWS FLASH::::KANYE'S MOM WAS BLACK TOO!!!!

Amazing

Isn't this the doctor who had a very high-profile on one of the cable shows on plastic surgery? He sounded very knowledgeable, and he was the doctor chosen to explain medical procedures as we saw them being performed. I would have gone to him.

Hal

Oh now "prettyeyes," you're so awesome you should be cloned???? You're a joke!

foff

13. You people are so damn stupid. People of all race and color make mistakes and do bad things. I hate ignorant rednecks.

Posted at 3:31PM on Nov 13th 2007 by prettyeyes

#13... Calling someone a redneck is just as bad as me saying the N word... You went down to the same level, why don't people think about that. Yeah, you all want to make it seam like white people are the only ones saying ignorant things... Redneck shouldn't come out of blacks mouths just the same as N shouln't come out of my mouth..

FYI - a true redneck wouldn't have a computer to post on.. learn something, they are in the woods, its deer season, dumb assssssss

Redbear

Foff I lmao @ your comment. How true about the puter and it being deer season. :) As long as the world is around there will be people like Prettyeyes. I chose a long time ago to ignore people that can't be taught any better. :)

CASSNGODD

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY IGNORANT. FOR GOD SAKES SOMEONE LOST THEIR MOTHER. I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS IS THE TIME FOR SOME OF YOUR REMARKS. HAVE WE BECOME SUCH INSENSITIVE MONSTERS THAT WE HAVE TO KICK KANYE AND HIS FAMILY WHEN THEIR DOWN-AND IM NOT EVEN A KANYE WEST FAN!!!

Meme

I agree 100% with Jamerican.. Harvey, WHAT are you trying to prove? This "dirt" is from FIVE YEARS AGO!!! Give the guy a break will ya? I'm sure he's done HUNDREDS of surgeries since then. He still has a valid licence to practice DUH... As JAmerican said, I hope you have no skeletons in your closet because one day.......well, you know about karma I'm sure. If you're going to report smut, GROW UP and leave the crap that's five years old alone!!!!!!! Sheeeeeshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

julu

I'm surprised this guy even has malpractice insurance after all of these lawsuits. With all the personal and professional legal troubles he must have a team of lawyers defending him around the clock.

MH

Good grief, can all of these Dr. Adams snippets be put into one story that you continually update, TMZ? This story is about a celebrity's mother. Is it so compelling that it requires a dozen different postings on the first two pages?

kellygrrrl

TMZ It is extremely irresponsible for you to print the names of the patients and the ex-girlfriend. You are way out of line. take those names down immediately!

niki

the thing is that the first docter she went to her what she needed do and instead of her getting her medical clearance like she was suppose o do she ignore it i hate to say this but she killed her self sorry to say that but it true

Thurston H.

Man, that is a cold blow! Same thing happened to James Brown's wife a few years ago... it ain't always the surgery but the anesthesia often proves deadly. I was just telling my co-worker Monica & Steve W. everything ain't meant for everybody. My heart goes out to not only Kanye but , the family and business practice of the Dr. Jan Adams. A horrific situation. Let's keep 'em all lifted in prayer...

know him

Apparently, there were many many skeletons in his closet. I am one of his patients and he has performed surgery on me. Although not completely thrilled with the results (I am very picky) they are good ones as I've noticed people taking notice of me since the surgery. Nothing in this life is perfect. It is very sad for me to learn of his background and that he is definitely not perfect. It's hard to know who is being honest and who is making up comments on these sites. Let me tell you that I am scheduled to see him tomorrow and he has called me. I am still considering whether or not to go. My decision will be based on his abilities as a doctor. As to whether or not he is sober, that is something I will have to ask him straight out and weigh all of what has just happened intelligently. If you have a medical condition you need to be the one to take charge of your own body. Don't cut corners. Make sure that you are okay to undergo plastic surgery!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments