Dr. Adams' Ex Wife Claims Brutality

11/14/2007 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Jan Adams physically assaulted his ex-wife, according to court documents obtained by TMZ.

TMZ has obtained a restraining order filed by Susie Field, former wife of music mogul turned movie producer Ted Field. According to the document, Field claims on Thanksgiving Day, November 23, 2006, Dr. Adams became upset with Susie for taking a phone call during dinner. Susie claims, "He wanted to speak to whomever was calling me."

They began arguing and went up to the bedroom. According to the document, Dr. Adams was yelling, "I'm going to f**king kill you. I'm going to beat you. You need to be beaten." Susie claims Dr. Adams then "swung his right closed fist at my face...he attacked me," adding, [Dr. Adams] grabbed me with one arm and threw me toward the bed. I struck the bed and fell onto the floor."

Susie claims there was another incident as well. In September, 2005, she says they were at a New York nightclub, where he became angry because another man was looking at her. According to the document, when they returned to the hotel, he became "angry, threw me on the bed and began to strangle me. I thought I was going to die as he strangled me to the point of almost blacking out."

The judge granted the restraining order on November 28, 2006. Two days later, Susie filed for divorce. They were married in early 2006 and the divorce was final in February, 2007.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

LUANNE

many vicitns get what they ask for, by there ignorance, and millions sure are, theyy never heard knowledge is power? dsf parents dsaf kids, like brit, a victim of her crazy parents , , the parents shoukld be thrown in the slammer, for 5 yrs. to get even and pay back,

i wish i coulld get my hands on her freaking mother, and loser father , probablay a pervent . pray for her, insidently she shoud sue her parents,, we live what we see and learn,

money and greedy parents, esp the mother, God will punsih her for what she did to brit and now jamie, parents are the perpetuators, the greaset example is brit ty

Something smells fishy...

I have to agree with College Grad about TMZ being racist. I've had comments deleted by them that had nothing to do with race, and I don't know why they were deleted--oh one had the B word in it. But they never censor all the racist comments, or if they do, they're doing a piss-poor job of it because I see the N word, racial slurs and stereotypes posted by the readers all the time!

WHO WHATS TO KNOW

OMG THIS IS SOOOO KRAZY THAT EX-WIFE OF HIS SHOULD REALLY TELL THE TRUTH AND MAYBE SOBER UP AND STOP TAKING HER MEDS SO SHE CAN THINK STRAIGHT BEFOR SHE STARTS RUNNING HER MOUTH AND LET ME TELL YOU I THINK SHE IS PSYCO.....I HAD SURGERY W/ ADAMS AND NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ME EVERYONE JUST WANTS THERE 5 MIN OF FAME..THATS WHAT I THINK..SO THERE YOU HAVE IT...LEAVE THE POOR GUY ALONE ALL READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.I

This is a sad Story...why do people gotta choose to do crazy things...ALot of Med students struggle to become Dr.'s and there's DR.s out there who just take there license for granted and so messed up things...Lord have mercy on everybody!
Oh and #2's post...it doesn't pay to be a racist ignorant idiot....any race anybody can be abusive and choose to malpractice...RACISM SUCKS! LOrd HAVE MERCY UPON YOUR HATEFUL SOUL!!! Take Care ALLL!

commonsense

Why is everyone digging into the private life of Dr. Adams. He is not a perfect man. There is no perfect being. You all need to get over it!! Doctor's make mistakes too. Who are you to judge any one. This message is for all the gossipers!

Insert comical name here

Dude, I was starting to think I was on the wrong site. Let the mud start flowing on this over worked story once again. Sigh.

White Power

That's how those people all are.

jengirl

damn, who the hell is this guy?
i really liked watching his show on discovery health...

rjinchi

here we go, , now everyone jump on this bandwagon........

annoyed

Ugghh. Another story about this guy. This is really beyond ridiculous. Can we move on to SOMETHING ELSE, PLEASE?

Wicked

I'm not buying it Harvey. These mean and hateful psycho b!tches come out of the woodwork for 3 minutes of fame.

I'm not too sure this doctor did anything wrong.

I will wait for the autopsy reports to come back.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Fabian

what does a fight with your wife has anything to do with the death of Dr Wess, you guys like to gossip like little bitter ingnorant nasty unhappy girls!!!!!!!!!Get a life!

???????

They're really killing it now... next we'll know his underwear size and other things we care absolutely nothing about... ugh!

Brandon

Geez, enough about this guy already!!!!! You established that he's a piece of crap ten posts ago!!!!!

T

He is such a dead man!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments