Donda West Laid to Rest

11/20/2007 10:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West buried his mother, Dr. Donda West, today in Oklahoma City, Okla.

The ceremony was held at the True Vine Ministry church, which can hold up to 2,500 people. Beyonce and Jay-Z attended the services, and John Legend and Anita Baker performed, according to AccessHollywood.com.

Kanye reportedly broke down inside the church while talking about his mother, saying he wanted her to not "rest in peace, but rest in paradise."

EP

RIP Dr. West.

Vyrsace

R.I.P Donda

pimp

First!!!

very, very sad

hebe

what it do

damn him and his dad look just alike.

p1tey1

"Rest in paradise" I love that.

There is no pain like the pain of losing your mother. Especially when you have a good one!

Disgusting

Discovery promoted this guy -- whether it was a couple of years ago or now, his malpractice and crimes go back to the years when Discovery was featuring him on their show. Also, Discovery says he only did 10 procedures on their show - what does it matter if he did 1 procedure or 100?

Discovery promoted this guy, they know the power of television, and they know they are viewed as a respectable scientific organization.

These tv shows are irresponsible because people believe the featured doctors have somehow been test-proven by experts, and are the best doctors.

The truth is these tv doctors are often the worst doctors - they are salesmen interested in money over good medicine, they are egoists who care more about being tv stars than about their patients.

The good doctors are too busy to go on tv, or too dignified.

These tv shows simply have lists of doctors and go down the list until a doctor will appear on tv. There's no rigorous screening process.

Don't go to a doctor because he/she is on tv (and that includes Oprah.) And beware any doctor who lines their office with pictures of celebrity patients. In L.A. these usually end up being the sleaziest doctors.

susan

I am sad she died but ....he is still a complete talentless jerk!

beachy

Truly a man that loved the mother that brought him up. I'm not a fan of Kanye's, but I certainly send him my regrets.

Hopefully, the media will cut him a break and let him do his grieving in private. What a sad moment for this man - I feel for him.

Wtf

It is good to see him smile, It's gonna be a long road ahead for him. I wish him the best and hope they charge that hack of a doc. I bet her service was beautiful. R.I.P.

JNicholas

Heartbreaking...!

a fan

You are in my thoughts and prayers Kanye!!

Young Trump