"Bachelor" Byron Gets His Ass Kicked

11/23/2007 6:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Byron Velvick, star of "The Bachelor" season six, was attacked by the woman he picked to marry on the show.
Mary Delgado
According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Department, Mary Delgado punched Byron, causing his upper lip to bleed. She was arrested in Tampa, Florida for alleged domestic battery.

The incident occurred Wednesday just after midnight. Cops say alcohol was a factor.

Ironically, the couple appeared this past Tuesday on "The Bachelor," following the rose ceremony and made it clear they were heading for the altar. Seems their plans may have just gotten altered.

Stay tuned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

WhiteFox

Nice one thanks the for the good info!!!!!!!

Kristi

I knew she was crazy when she was on the one season where Bob was the Bachelor and then came back when Byron was The Bachelor. How desperate is she???

just wondering

....how odd !!...makes me think of how many suffered and made stupid decisions cause of booze over Thankgiving!!...think twice !

Sick of It All

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annoyed

Ain't love grand?

Red

Emeril Lagasse is the fourth stooge and Lindsey is my little pony!

Rockers Its Dangeorus

Alcohol plus the fact that her tv career is over fueled a violent attack on holiday!
Give Thanks He found out now.
Still no Kids Right?????

kat

I saw them, just this past Tuesday on the Bachelor talking about getting married next year. She was doing all the talking while he sat there, smiling.

Something about the two of them....said, "they aren't going to get married." And, I don't think he really is ready to settle down...just by the way he was acting.

Sad!

Deb

I'm sure there is much more to this story and that she didn't hit him for no reason. I am in no way condoning violence, but feel like she must have been provoked in some way or felt threatened in some way. I hope they are both okay and will address the issue as to why this happened.

dregs

Anyone who would even consider going on a TV show to find a mate has to be psychotic to begin with. Reality TV should just go away. Please.

Me

Uh oh...something tells me Trista Sutter will have a "please give ME some attention" comment about these two any minute now.

Switch

That's Fricking awesome!!!!!!!

montana mike

you don't want to marry some guy who bitches up and calls the cops when you smack his ass anyway

MacGuffin

Does this mean that she is available again?

Hurt me baby, hurt me!

P.S. Kind of blows the fairytale aspect of these people that 'The Bachelor' is always trying to show.

just wondering