Hulk on Divorce: "Holy Smokes"

11/24/2007 8:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hulk HoganWrestling star Hulk Hogan didn't learn of his impending divorce from his soon-to-be ex wife Linda -- but rather from a reporter in Florida. Whoa, brother!

As TMZ first reported, Linda filed the papers on Tuesday. But when called for comment by a St. Petersburg Times reporter, Hulk simply said, "Thank you for the great information," and hung up.

The Hulkster called the paper back five minutes later and said, "I'm kind of shocked ... You caught me off-guard. Holy smokes. Wow, you just knocked the bottom out of me."

The couple went through problems on their VH1 reality show, but eventually reconciled.

Francis Fears for Life in Florida

Joe FrancisA day after it was revealed that Joe Francis accused Oklahoma Grady County Jail guards of torturing him, the "Girls Gone Wild" founder is now making similar claims about his stay in Florida.

Francis, who is currently in jail in Reno, Nev., tells Page Six, "I fear for my life if I have to go back there ... I think I would have been dead or I'd be drooling in a cup." A tad dramatic, no? Francis tells the paper he was denied toilet paper or meals, and said, "They treated me like I was a terrorist," he said. "They'd put my food just out of reach and laugh with each other, 'Oh, I guess Joe wasn't hungry today.'"

Joe is awaiting trial in Reno for federal tax evasion, then it's on to Florida to face charges he used two minors in a sexual performance -- though both girls later admitted to lying about their ages.

Terrence Hustles His Way to Broadway ... Sony Ordered to Pay $5 Mil to the Man Who Discovered Meat Loaf

Oscar nominee Terrence Howard is set to make his Broadway debut in February as Brick in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." According to Gatecrasher, the production might also star Phylicia Rashad and James Earl Jones ... Steve Popovich, the man who first signed Meat Loaf and released his classic "Bat Out of Hell" album, must be paid $5 million in damages after Sony Music didn't include his company's logo on re-issues of the album.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sarly

Ouch, she didn't even tell you, Hulk. That's gotta suck.

Kristy

Hulk Hogan you dont need her anyway.Linda is selfish and loves to spend all your money...

shirliana

BE A MAN BROTHER.. YOU KKNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND PAY FOR IT WITH ALL YOUR MILLIONS.. PLANES... BEAUTIFUL HOMES... TAX EVATION... THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT... YOU ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE IT... NOW I AM SORRY TO TELL YOU. PAY YOUR CONSEQUENCES... I AM SORRY YOU ARE LOCKED UP BUT I PRAY.... THAT YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD BEHAVIOR IN FLORIDA SINCE YOU MENTIONED THEY DID NOT LIKE YOU DOWN THERE.. WHY??? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO PISS THEM OFF??? THERE ARE ALOT TO LEARN.... I HOPE AFTER ALL THIS, YOU PLAN TO WRITE YOUR BOOK AND TELL US ALL WHAT HAPPENED.. YOU KNEW DARN WELL IT WAS COMING... I HOPE YOU THE BEST..

Standards are badly needed.

Hulk: Wonder what pushed Linda over the edge. Hulk better burn up the phone lines if he wants to save his marriage.

Francis: If he starts to act like a man instead of a crybaby, they might start treating him like one.

Man who discovered Meat Loaf: Nice try, Sony.

Lenn K.

What a gutless bitch to let him find out through a reporter. Well Joe, you are a terrorist to some families.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Hulk- Ha Ha!!
Francis- Ha Ha!!
Sony- Ha Ha!!!
Still wonder if the Hogan dealio is some sorta way to keep Hogan's assets hidden and to shake off the other story? Meh, prolly not.

kassandra

Hulk shoud have filed for DIVORCE. What a shame. Hulk seem like the kinda father most kids would die for. Hulk keep your head up. I love you.

DAXFLAME!!

Hulk... you can do alot better than that bitch. I wonder if she is blaming the hulkster for the big trouble nick is in? I heard hulk was drinking w/nick b4 the crash. That would be totally hearless if she is.... sounds about right.

I am poster 58

1. The family of the guy in the coma will most likely be going after the Hulk's assets.
2. Hulk to Linda: "Divorce me so you can take 20 mil. I take 20 mil. John's family will sue us for 20 mil instead of 40 mil."
3. This is simple math, people. Wake up. I hope that the lawyers on the opposition are on this like flies.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Bet, don't you know that by posting an actual comment, you just
ruined some 1ster's day! Shame on you! And how strange.... the
overseas phisher people at millionairescamyourmoney.com must still be
asleep (yeah).

patti

What if she is possibly protecting assets from any future pending lawsuits stemming from the kid's car accident? Seems fishy ... hmmmmm

patti

Duh People, We Think alike! Whats wrong with the rest of these commenters?

Dog is a racist mutt!

kassandra, don't you mean Hulk seems to be the type of father that Nick's friends would nearly die for?

Cici

Hope that predator suffers beyond his wildest imagination.

I am poster 58

1. The Hogan's (a once loved family are NOW despised).
2. Why? They go shopping & allegedly hide their assets so the family of the coma guy can't get it.
3. They allegedly blame John (the passenger) for not wearing his seat belt when it is clearly the driver of the vehicle's RESPONSIBILITY to make sure that his passenger wears one or the vehicle simply doesn't go anywhere.
4. VH-1 will most likely NOT renew their contracts. Brooke will lose fans over this (did she any have to begin with?)
5. I don't know much about the gladiator show that he is hosting, but I am betting that will tank now.
6. They better save their pennies. We all know this is a stunt to hide their assets so that family doesn't get it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments