Quiet Riot Singer Found Dead in His Vegas Home

11/26/2007 3:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DubrowLas Vegas Metro Police have confirmed to TMZ that 52-year-old Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for 80's metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead in his Las Vegas home.

We're told one of Dubrow's neighbors found the singer Sunday around 5:20 PM. The Clark County Coroner confirms to TMZ that they are currently examining Dubrow's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Fellow band member Frankie Banali posted this message on his website: "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot was the first metal band to top the Billboard charts and are perhaps best known for their cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize"

Melody

I saw these guys play at a dive bar in Boynton Beach, FL about 12 years ago and they were already a big zero. I'm surprised anyone even remembers who they are or their names. And please, why issue a statement to respect their privacy? Like... who in the media cares???

Skot

some of you peoples comments are so cruel..but I guess I wouldn't expect anything less from animals.

qz5mx9

Show some Respect.

bexar

# 65 you care bitch!go lick yourself

kelly

I WASNT A REAL FAN OF THEIR MUSIC BUT ANY DEATH OF ANY PERSON IS A LOSS MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE BAND MEMBERS AND FRIENDS AND FAMILY

death on a cracker

stomp your hands... clap your feet... stomp your hands , to the beat

(worst lyrics ever)

i do still own the first 4 cassettes... ill poor a 40 for this homie....

AbbasYaldah

My prayers are with his family.
The end comes to us all,
Lets hope we are ready for it.

boredtobewild

I saw QR open for Iron Maiden in Jax. FL. in 1983, thought they kicked major ass!

I met Kevin a couple of years ago when he and some incarnation of QR played my hometown at a July 4 festival. To my surprise, he was really a nice, down to Earth guy and even autographed my snare drumhead! Kev's words of wisdom on that day: "If you drink a lot of beer, don't eat funnel cake; if you eat a lot of funnel cake, don't drink beer."

shauny c

sorry to hear about Kevin. Reminds me of the carefree days of the 80's. Rock on QR. Brintneys dad is an ass clown

My oh my

Russ, if you read this, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope you find some comfort in this sad time. His voice has been memorialized forever. Take care and God Bless.

Gambler92543

Quiet Riot was part of growing up in the early 80's - R.I.P. Kevin (Hemet California)

Brian in Ohio

I cant believe it, Kevin was a guy who was a throwback Rockstar. It was almost as if he did not understand where everything went wrong after the 80's.

I can't help but hope that the hearse is at least a Slick Black Cadillac..

RIP Kevin

Jayman

I saw Quiet Riot a few years ago while starting to date a future wife. They were great and we had fun reliving a part of our teenage years and laughed at all the people dressed like it was still the 80's. Alas, just like that wife, Kevin is gone.

Mr. Larry

sucky band,that song is irritating.I'm sorry the guys dead.Some of the "insensitive comments are funny though!

PHSE

I saw QR for the first time last summer (glad I did) and was very impressed at Kevin's stage presence, vocal quality and sincerity. He will be missed. RIP. :(