« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Taylor Dies After Gunshot

11/27/2007 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sean Taylor, the Washington Redskins safety who was shot early Monday at his home in Miami, has died, according to a family friend. He was just 24.

The Pro Bowl safety had taken a bullet in his upper leg, reports the AP, damaging an artery, causing serious blood loss and loss of consciousness. According to his former lawyer, Richard Sharpstein, Taylor seemed to show signs of recovery when he squeezed a nurse's hand late Monday night, but never regained consciousness thereafter.

Miami-Dade Police are investigating the attack, which occurred when an intruder apparently entered Taylor's home, in what the cops are considering a possibly burglary.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

aSiF

Geez!

Patty

My deepest sympathy to the entire Taylor family.

Stef

that sucks

rminva

My sympathies to the family! I live in the DC area and that's all they are talking about on the news this AM.

sternfan

sean will be missed in DC and throughout the NFL, RIP and godbless

Naughty but nice :)

My prayers are with the Taylor family.

MyTwoCents

this is so sad. had his family in the house never heard of a turnacate to prevent so much blood loss?

Lenn K.

Extremely sad, It's bad when your home is not even safe. Rest in peace, God bless!!

roughdaddy

i wonder if this the same robbery crew thats been going around hitting athlete's mansions...

Get Real

Real sad but when you live a life of a thug you cant expect to live very long. I feel for a little girl who wont know her father.

Beatles

This is so sad - it is excruciating.

A million dollar career, a one in a million suceess.

Can you imagine how his parents must feel at this moment .

wonder how many other victims this intruder must have made during his criminal career

wonder how he feels reading this press

Get a life

So sad and senseless. I feel for his family, especially his young daughter. I hope they hurry up and catch these people.

I'm sick of the spin here in the DC area focusing on some of the negatives about his past. No man deserves to be gunned down in his home with his child sleeping in the next room. RIP Sean.

Demetrius

Lord, I want to take the time out to thank you for blessing me and so many other fans of football, the opportunity to watch such a gifted athlete play a game that we all love. I ask that you keep his family friends and loved ones strong. Help them to hold their heads up in the face of adversity. I would also like to ask that you bless and keep the families of other fallen solders, men women and babies that are not known by the masses. In Jesus name I pray...Amen.

I just want everyone to take the time out to reflect on the good things that Sean brought to the Washington Redskins. One of the best hitters that we have seen here in a very long time. Old School Smash Mouth Football. All the purple tattoos that he would leave wide outs with after a catch. Even if they held on to the ball, they would remember that lick that they took from Sean. Its a very sad day for many of us.

With that being said please do NOT take your days on this earth for granted. Love your family and friends just as God loves you. I LOVE YOU ALL! GOD BLESS!!

Demetrius Hawkins

Sara

Rest in Peace Sean. What a tragedy this is. A young man with a promising career, a growing family, a growing man period. This is awful and unfortunate and devastating. My heart and my prayers go out to Sean, his family and all of his loved ones.

I wish that people would stop disrespecting this man, who has just lost his life, in this awful time. This is not the time for judgement. Someone broke into his home where he was with his family, and took his life. Again, as Prileau said, Sean was a brother, a father, a son and a friend. May God keep him close.

Alexis

I heard who ever did this cut the wires so the alarm would not go off and he could not call the police from the house phone. So sad how a person who had so much to live for was gunned down for probably something senseless. The saddest thing is that his one year old daughter will grow up without a dad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments