Helio's "Dancing" Kiss and Tell

11/28/2007 3:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Although sources tell us the two haven't spoken for weeks and Helio was well aware a split was imminent, "Dancing" winner Helio Castrowhatever went on the radio this morning and talked like he was still an engaged man. Pants on fire!
Helio
While TMZ was breaking the news of the demise of his engagement to longtime fiancee Aliette Vazquez, Helio gave an interview to ABC News Radio saying that his fiancee can deal with his cozy relationship to dance partner Julianne Hough because, "We are professionals." Hmm mmm!

Helio added that he and Hough just try to "make sure we have good chemistry." Too good apparently! As far as that big kiss he and Julianne shared at the end of their number, Helio said, "I still did like the kiss. That was awesome." Hope it was worth it!

Lea

Helio is hilarious! Last night's show, he was taped having a conversation with his feet. It was too funny!!

AUNT DAR

HE PROBABLY SAID THAT IN THE INTERVIEW TO PROTECT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS FIANCE... HE SEEMS LIKE A REAL NICE GUY, AND DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE HER FEEL OR LOOK BAD, EVEN THOUGH SHE BROKE IT OFF WITH HIM... OR MAYBE HE JUST DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR ALL OF OUR GOSSIP AND SPECULATION ON HIM AND JULIANNE... MAYBE HE IS TRYING TO HAVE SOME PRIVACY IN THAT AREA OF HIS LIFE...
WHO REALLY KNOWS...
I STILL ENJOYED THEIR DANCING TOGETHER, AND IF THEY ARE A COUPLE I WISH THEM THE BEST

Fairy Princess

I want a storybook life for Helio and Julina together and to see them dancing in movies together and having a family. No more race car driving...too dangeous! Mel and Maks should also be in a movie and continue dancing..all are marveous dancers with tons of chemistry.

Paula

I am a long time INDY car fan. I voted for Helio from day one. I'm THRILLED he won! He had two things Mel didn't -charisma and graciousness.

adriana

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Helio and Julianne did. It was part of the performance. While, it wasn't necessary, that doesn't really matter; it was for entertainment purposes only. Plus, Helio is 32 and Julianne is 19, not that that means anything anymore. It's just that i don't really see Julianne as someone who would date someone that much older than she is...course, idon't know her, so maybe she would.

lakelady

If Mel would have won, I would have no longer watched. She had a background of performing on stage. I do not like it when they pick people who can already dance. I like it when they take the people out of their element (Emmett Smith) and teach them to excel.

Jay

I think Helio and Julieanne were an excellent couple and dancers. Thye worked hard and deserved to win. Mel B was good but she relied too much on her sexy body to win for her. Her comment that "they were robbed" was completely out of line. She is a sore loser. Shame!!! YEAH HELIO AND JULIEANNE.

PJ

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

EYEAMTYM:
R U NUTZ?? You sure don't know a damn thing about Nascar or racing for that matter. Helio NEVER drove for Nascar. He is a 2x champ in Indy Car....DUH!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

el polacko

i've thought so all along, but after seeing helio throw himself , first into maksim's and then into cameron's arms last night, i'm convinced that alliette is his 'beard'.
'dancing with the stars' is the gayest show on television.. next to 'project runway'.

Jen

Hey T-Dog - did you ever see a passe-doble or quick-step at a Spice Girls or Cheetah Girls concert? It's a totally different situation - and just because they can keep the beat, doesn't make them better than the "amateurs" you're referring to. It really doesn't matter anyway, the show has become a popularity contest, it has nothing to do with the dancing...and, the girl's part is always harder than the man's - ever think about that, the guy is just there to show off the girl - that's what couples-dancing is - DUH. And, do you know for sure that Helio has NEVER had any dance training before - a lot of athletes do it for stamina and endurance, as well as flexibility (I'll bet even Emmett Smith has taken some ballet before). Maybe you shouldn't judge so harshly towards people who were asked by the Producers to be on the show, and said yes. Yes they may be able to pick things up quicker, but that doesn't mean it's not just as hard for them. Helio is a creepy foreigner, and Julianne should stay away (her mormon upbringing should prevent her from starting anything anyway), she's only 19!

mg

Is Helio gay and the fiance a beard? Just asking......

For Justice and the American Way

Mel was a good dancer, but she turned me off with that voice of hers and those awful tattoos. What are girls thinking getting those nasty things and deforming themselves.

I hope Helio and Julianne ARE a couple! I loved to watch them together. In fact, I think they are a couple because she was teasing him about his size and not being able to lift her. She would not do that if they didn't have a "thing". I hope they do!!!!

bugs

#13. The dance, it's the mask version (Jim Carey and Cameron Diaz). They kissed at the end of the dance.

I saw an interview of him at espn. The way he said things about him and ali I could sense there's trouble. I hope they work things out.

I'm an IndyCar racing fan. I'm a big fan of Danica Patrick and Helio Castroneves. Helio was very excited about the DWTS He brings up signs "vote for me" on race introductions. He always smiles.

Suz

Iam so glad he won!! They both make a perfect couple..they really look good together. I say GO FOR IT!!..Professional or not.. Give up the old girlfriend, she is nothing compared to Julianne..

gossipygirl

I am glad that Helio and Julianne won. I highly doubt that they are a couple. I thought that her and Anton Ono of last season were a couple. I agree with whoever said that it is her job. I agree with that. I do believe that they become very close friends on that show. How could they not?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments